LaptopVideo2Go Forums

RE: Modding 41.09

Ecion

Why do you not allow talk of leaked games, but you do allow other leaked software, directx9.0c and 6x.xx drivers. Thats why I posted it, I assumed you were fine about this type of thing.

Sorry to start another thread, but when you close a thread, how am I ment to get explain myself.

EDIT:

got it working on newer drivers now anyways. :)

The comparison is not the same. Leaked is too generic for the phrasing you use. Sharing of priced software vs sharing of non-priced software is more of the issue. Hope that clears things up.

There is a BIG difference between beta drivers/Direct X and illegally leaked games that won't come out for atleast another year.

I would provide a link to the forum rules here but don't have time to find them.

I would have thought that people would have enough sense to not talk about illegal stuff on these forums, but I guess I was wrong. :)

We don't pay for DirectX or Service Packs released by Microsoft as this is part of the price of the software.

nVidia release drivers as a service as this is part of the price of buying a graphics card.

Games on the other hand are written by programmers who get only a tiny proportion of the sales made.

If we copy and distribute these games then the poor old programmers miss out.

If a game gets leaked in beta phase and released onto websites then the programmer will have wasted his time as by the time it's released everybody will have played it.

This site is run by volenteers, and we have a pretty good community going here.

Lets not ruin it by becoming a place that encourages hacking/illegal copying of Software. (a bit extreme)

As you have noticed we don't encourage this kind of thing, other than that you can write what ever you like as long as it doesn't affect others.

This is a subject that we could argue over till the cows come home.

Any similar subject threads will be blocked end of story.

Pieter.

Turns out doom3 beta2 was GIVEN out to everyone at E3. (ok so I wasn't there, but still)

But fine. No more talk from me.