LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PC De-Crapifier

Jason has today released a new version of his PC Decrapifier. It's an AutoIT script removing not necessarily needed preinstalled software from your computer manufacturer.

The PC Decrapifier is a program designed to remove or uninstall a specific list unwanted software in an unattended fashion. It can be used to clean off most of the annoying software that is typically shipped with newer PCs.

Before running, the user may select exactly what software should be removed. In earlier development stages of this free tool it was targeted for use on mostly DELL laptops and desktops; however nowadays it will theoretically run on any computer that has annoying trial-, crap- and bloatware installed which degrades the performance of your newly shipped computer system.

See the list what PC Decrapifier exactly is able (selectable) to remove over HERE and recent screenshots over HERE.

This latest version can be downloaded HERE.

Edited by ®®®

• 1 month later...

IMHO... nothing beats a simple complete fresh install... especially when less than 30Gb of your shiny new 40Gb HDD is available. In fact nothing beats upgrading the HDD to twice it's size PLUS a fresh install. :)

Nothing beats the fresh install right!. But then for a quick and dirty mass uninstallation when under time pressure it's just a blessing. Probably there could be added like 10 or 20 uninstallation commands of Windows tools/crap. I had a look in the scripts. It's easy. For example uninstall IndexService, MSNexplorer, WordPad, blab all with INF unistalltion commands.

Clean and proper would be to NLITE.

Well what if you have a set up environment and don't want to reinstall (there are thosands of reasons for not doing a fresh install) so this tool might come in handy.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for the notification, topic updated.

Excellent, very useful app which didn't take care of many of the Dell programs I had on with the older de-crapifier. Sometimes it is just easier to use this as I've had problems installing XP on a SATA drive trying to slipstream drivers.

• 1 month later...

New version is up, so I fixed the link.