LaptopVideo2Go Forums

bought new laptop 3 days ago, cod 2 problems

revolt

hi everyone i bought an advent 7092 laptop which has a Go 6800 GC a few days ago and keep getting returned to desktop or sometimes blue screen when playing call of duty 2 , error report from microsoft here http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...a7ee4c5a&SID=11

they gave me 2 options

1.driver update but nvidia havent even got my GC on there list and advent dont have any updates

2. change gc settings tried this set half way still crashed any lower it dosnt load game in.

i have tried a few 3rd party including 77.62, 84.21 , 78.01, 77.62

was wondering if anyone has same set up or similar and found something that works

thanks in advance

revolt

Edited by revolt

You are replacing the .inf files right? Read the FAQ.

You are replacing the .inf files right? Read the FAQ.

hey smax , yeah i replaced inf file otherwise it didnt install, i was wondering though , could this be a heating problem? if laptop had been running for a long time before playing game?

thanks

revolt

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
hey smax , yeah i replaced inf file otherwise it didnt install, i was wondering though , could this be a heating problem? if laptop had been running for a long time before playing game?

thanks

revolt

got one, it lasted 4 hours b4 i had to replace the bugger with a new one, am now going to go and replace this one as all the components dont work or are not installed properly, could do it myself but hey you pay an extreme amount of cash for a beast like this,it should work from day one.