LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver version won't change after updating with new drivers

well

First off, KUDOS to those techno-wackos out there who made it possible for mobile Nvidia GPU users to fully enjoy driver updates! :) :)

I followed all the instructions needed to upgrade, and I selected 81.98 version for my Geforce4 420 Go (Toshiba laptop purchased in 2002), however after reboot, when I checked in the device manager it still said "2.8.4.6" in the driver version section, which is my old version.

I then uninstalled and tried installing the lateset 84.21 version, and after reboot nothing changed. I still have my original old version of driver.

Please help, am confused and stranded. Thanks in advance!

You are replacing the INF with the modded one correct?

I suspect if you are using the installer program it is playing tricks on you, you should use the have disk method.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Uninstalling first is a good step, but you might have to manually remove or clean drivers out of your XP folder or somewhere else, see any old Toshiba drivers hiding anywhere with a secret installer?

You are replacing the INF with the modded one correct?

I suspect if you are using the installer program it is playing tricks on you, you should use the have disk method.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Uninstalling first is a good step, but you might have to manually remove or clean drivers out of your XP folder or somewhere else, see any old Toshiba drivers hiding anywhere with a secret installer?

Thanks for quick response mate. I am sure correct INF replacement were inplemented, and I use have disk method all the way.

Yes, I was thinking about these "hidden" backup files too, but don't know where to locate them. Maybe I should try delete "nv*.*" ?

Thanks for quick response mate. I am sure correct INF replacement were inplemented, and I use have disk method all the way.

Yes, I was thinking about these "hidden" backup files too, but don't know where to locate them. Maybe I should try delete "nv*.*" ?

I just did the following:

1.Uninstall video card (unstall current driver)

2.Search and then cut all "nv*.*" files from C:/ to other partitions

3.Reboot, and then install 8x.xx driver, during installation, various windows pop up saying can't locate file

4.I locate all of them to the backup files that I did in procedure 2.

5.Reboot, blue screen.

I am quite mad now.

• 2 weeks later...

I stilll can't have the new driver installed for my 420 go, please help, thanks! :)

Edited by well

• 1 month later...

I am still stuck with my problem, can't update the driver to any higher versions other than the original one. I've done the above and I lately ran the NERD program on my laptop. The results is very weird, please could gurus please help me out of this? Thanks!

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

• 1 month later...

You had two ( :) ) cards installed. Did they replace your Mainboard once?

Anyways. As your errorlog is full, you 'feature' a lot of phantom LCD displays and somehow your driver is not properly installed i suggest a complete reinstallation and begin from scratch.