LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Drivers for Oblivion on a...

jonno

Heya people... im kinda new here and no one seems to know the answer to tis question in other forums...

I'm going to be getting a Dell XPS M170 very soon and also The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion...

Here are my laptop specs:

Dell XPS M170

Processor - Pentium M-780 (2.26)

Memory - 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (533mhz)

Hard Drive - IDE 100GB 7200RPM

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 7800GTX Go (256 mb)

Now for the graphics card i need the best drivers i can get.... i would reall prefer the nVidia ones but apparently dells cant use them... so i turn to modded drivers....

My question is this...

What are the best drivers out for the "nVidia GeForce 7800GTX Go (256mb)" that will be best suited for playing "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion" at its best.

Hope someone can answer my question.

Thanks.

Jonno :)

What are the best drivers out for the "nVidia GeForce 7800GTX Go (256mb)" that will be best suited for playing "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion" at its best.

Hello person from the other side of the channel,

Dell latest driver is 84.30 IIRC... but I'm not sure they use the 84.25 as base... so your best option is to use the 84.25 and its modded INF file from this site.

Download the INF and driver from the Driver page.

Be sure to follow the marvellous: Forceware Updater's Quickstart Guide, Want to update but don't know where to start?

Your rig is better than mine but I advise to remove the grass completely... mainly for framerate gain... but also if like me you are an alchemist it hides the plants that I use as ingredients.

Guest Guest

Hi Jonno,

tweakguides.com have a very extensive guide to tweaking Oblivion, which you might be interested in. http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

Some people claim that 84.12 renders the textures much better than 84.25 does in Oblivion, and others claim the new 84.43 has more Oblivion optimisations. Either 84.12 or 84.25 are a safe bet really.

Guest Guest

wow thanks guys... i think i will go with the 84.25 because ive been reading the forums and they seem to be the best all rounder i guess...

Thanks alot :)

Jonno ^_^

Try 84.29 an even later Dell driver, for the G7x series lappies.