LaptopVideo2Go Forums

to high temperature!?

melu

hello

When i bought my laptop inspiron 9300+go6800,regular gpu temp was 44-45 C.next i oveclocked for "performance 3d"(290,590mhz) and temperature was still the same 44-47 C.

But now,i don't now why, regular temp is 51-52 C. I downclocked gpu to 128,318mhz and temperature is still the same-52-54mhz :)

Somebody knows something-why?

somebody help me?

max

ps-somebody knows-how is safe higher temp?90degree C still safety?

Probably fans need cleaning. Check FAQ section for more info on how to clean your fans. And ~50C is not that much. Above 90 is not good.

Probably fans need cleaning. Check FAQ section for more info on how to clean your fans. And ~50C is not that much. Above 90 is not good.

Do you think that propably gpu fan is dirty?dust?or?

but i have this laptop about 4months.

is it propably as fast?

when i playing games gpu temp is above 70C.is it normal?

earlier i had in the same situation maybe above 60C.,so now is 10more:(

will i use compressed air to clean my fan,thick brown wire from gpu to fan(heat sink?)?

is this dengerously for laptop if turn off it?

sory for my stupid:) questions

max

Edited by melu

Well it shouldn't be that dusted in 4 months but who knows. Performance is probably the same. Above 70C is very usual. What do you mean by "is it dangerous if you turn it off"? If you mean while cleaning yes you should turn it off.

Anyway you can try reinstalling your system sometimes some nasty stuff working in background can cause these kind of things. Be sure you are not blocking air vents somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

My laptop (inspiron 5150) matrix lags as soon as it hits 72 degrees C. 70 degrees is normal, yes... at least at max performance. I'd get worried if your CPU starts seeing 85+ degrees. Video cards usually get much hotter though. My GeForce 6600GT AGP card (BFG OC + even more overclocking) is set to shut down at about 125 degrees C, it rarely sees 75.

• 2 months later...

I woudn't worry about it at all.

My overclocked 6600go games around 78-84c and its been like this for about 3 months with no problems at all. This is for games like AOE3 and DOOM3 with graphics not all the way up but prety much.

Idle temp is a constant 54 with the external hdd and laptop cooler. I don't know why but having an external hdd makes the interal fan always on. Without both, ambient temp is 61-71.

I have made a few threads when I didn't know it was safe but I use this laptop pretty hard. Its on gaming, playing movies, music, webdesign over 8 hours a day for over a year never had a problem. I woudnt worry until you start noticing lag or artificacts. Something I have never have to deal with. 6600GO 64mb 330/660.

Idle temp is a constant 54 with the external hdd and laptop cooler. I don't know why but having an external hdd makes the interal fan always on. Without both, ambient temp is 61-71.

There is an issue in Windows that prevent the CPU to go into energy saving states when a USB device is plugged.

You might want to read the Anandtech analyse of this bug. As far as I remember Microsoft issued a patch but I haven't the link available.

Do you think that propably gpu fan is dirty?dust?or?

but i have this laptop about 4months.

is it propably as fast?

when i playing games gpu temp is above 70C.is it normal?

earlier i had in the same situation maybe above 60C.,so now is 10more:(

will i use compressed air to clean my fan,thick brown wire from gpu to fan(heat sink?)?

is this dengerously for laptop if turn off it?

sory for my stupid:) questions

max

use the compressed air to clean out the vents....also what you might want to do is call up your supporter and have them guide you in detaching the gpu form the motherboard and check your thermal patches/pads......i had that problem 3 days ago where 2 of the 4 thermal patches on my laptop were literally reduced to liquid cause of the heat that one of the patches had shifted out of place :) don't ask me how that one happened but alienware assembles their PC's like crap :) .......and that cooling device you have, make sure that the fans are actually getting room to take in air and not being blocked

Edited by Area51m-7700

metal note: I love my cool and quiet Dell...