LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer aspire 1700

Guest Rome

hey everyone im pretty new to this coz i havent bothered to try to update my vid card drivers coz i havent had a prob until counterstrike source.. hmm well i was wondering what would be the best thing to get for my geforce fx 5600go 64 meg card... counterstrike source freezes up when grenades or flash bangs are used... and to anyone that plays.. u know how often that is.. it just go's really slow for about 5 seconds then works fine..soo please anyone can u help? ty

Rome.

oops i forgot to mention that its an acer aspire 1700 desknote... and ive looked on the website and i already have the latest of there which is 4.4.0.1 sorry bout that.. ty

Rome

IIRC the very first thing you want to try is go in Counter Strike Source graphic options (probably advanced) and change the grenades effects rendering to something else than the default transparent. There must be only 2 choices.

If it's the "concussion" effect that slows your PC... you might need to upgrade the driver. Since you have an FX card I advise you to go to the gaming section and look for both "Half Life 2" and "works great with the FX" kinda of driver.

Check out Bill's post... it seems that driver 72.30 is your candidate.

Please refer to the FAQ to install the driver and it's modded INF file.

ps: PLEASE tell me that you use an official version of the game that is up to date. The gazillion patches for CSS have a purpose... fix issues.

Edited by Fabrice Roux

well i updated my drivers to 84.25.. i went back onto the game and yay it worked.. was playing then after a bit.. i went to change servers and it crashed.. then i opened up the game again and went into another server and it blue screened.. didnt tell me why :) but yeah.. so im gonna wait till it does it next time... then ill try that one u suggested.. thanks for the reply...and yes i do use the official version of the game :)

Rome.

well i updated my drivers to 84.25.. i went back onto the game and yay it worked.. was playing then after a bit.. i went to change servers and it crashed.. then i opened up the game again and went into another server and it blue screened.. didnt tell me why :P but yeah.. so im gonna wait till it does it next time... then ill try that one u suggested.. thanks for the reply...and yes i do use the official version of the game :)

Rome.

IMHO the 84.25 is the best driver so far... but I have a GF6800 Go. I read a lot of I have a FX card and installing driver xx.xx crashed my rig. Hence my advice.

Give the suggested driver a try... but before that head to the Overlay properties of your Geforce and disable the VMR. (it's in no way related to your issues) Let me know if VMR fixed it... it will REALLY MAKE ME LAUGH. :)

My HL2 and other threads are kinda old, I would recommend 84.25 especially for certain newer games.

*idea pops into head*

I should consolidate them to one new updated thread...