LaptopVideo2Go Forums

force detection of external display

vortex-5

(Anyone know how?)

I need to do this because I my laptop switches to VGA / DVI out when the lid is closed and since it's set low it causes my icons to get jumbled on my desktop.

I'd like to be able to set the external display size to be the same or bigger than my laptop LCD. But i don't have a CRT that will support such resolutions handy anyone got any ideas to "force" an adaptor?

Actually if anyone can tell me a way to set the inital resolution for an external display to something larger than what your desktop is by means of a registry edit it would also suffice

Edited by vortex-5

Let me clarify a few things. I'm looking for registry edit that will allow my computer to default the external monitor to something higher than what my laptop LCD delivers.

I understand the side effect is that most likely when I do connect an external CRT it won't show up because the res is set too high. That is ok for me. I'm not sure where windows stores this information about where the monitor was set at last.