LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go6600 Fan problem

Guest coolbeing

Guest coolbeing

I have Asus Z71V Nvidia Go6600

I just installed window and isntalled nvidia 8421 with moded info from laptopvideo2go, the higher versions of the driver give the same result, kind of.

Am I being paranoid or is the GPU fan working kind of louder then it used to be? Doing some very basic surfing and just watchig the desktop gives a GPU fan noise louder then it used to be.

I have this feeling that my laptop did work quieter then it does now.

Can it be the driver?

Or maybe dust in the fan? Although I clean it often - blow compressed air. And my workspace is fairly clean.

My CPU fan is not even spinning when I do some basic work.

My GPU fan is louder then it used to be. It is just spinning and making noise.

Any ideas why it so?

Same identical problem here, with the same video card. You're not paranoic, the fan (with new drivers) is always on, so it's very noisy...But I can assure you that now my laptop is cooler than before...A whole day on and it's not even warm!

Guest Guest
Same identical problem here, with the same video card. You're not paranoic, the fan (with new drivers) is always on, so it's very noisy...But I can assure you that now my laptop is cooler than before...A whole day on and it's not even warm!

What driver version are you using?

Did you try enabling nVidia Display Driver Service in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services?

Here is soemthing new,

It works quiet the first time you boot windows. But as soon as you do something 3D, like in my case I a 3D screensaver - aquarium kicked in and the GPU fan started working loud. After I turned off the screensaver, it cooled down, but not to the original quiet state. The fan makes a loder noise then, the first time I booted. So there is somehting wrong here from full 3d to going back to quiet.

Edit:

Never mind, it does the same amount of noise now without 3D.

How about undervolting?

Anyone can post their undervlocking and/or overclocking for their go6600?

Edited by coolbeing

I just had my temp go down by 9 degrees C, by lifting my laptop up from the table which is covered by a plastic see through sheet. Noise is lower now.

I wonder what kind of temps you people have and on which surfaces?

The core's temperature is 49° C...Wooden desk...After I've enabled nVidia Display Driver Service what should I do?