LaptopVideo2Go Forums

strange 3D performance of original & modded drivers

junkm2il

hello guys,

first of all I want to thank you for your hard work on keeping the MD41300 up to date.

You all do a great job. clapping.gif

I'm going to report you my experiences with your nvidia driver. I'm a bit confused about what I experienced with the performance of the graphic card.

I'm playing some video games like 3D ego Shooter und roleplay games. The crazy thing is that I have a much better performance in 3D Games like, Far Cry, Area 51 and Guild Wars with the old original Medion nvidia driver.

Your modded driver, give me more options and fix some graphic bugs. But the performance of my card seems to slow down greatly when I use one of your drivers. It's very sad because I like your work and like to have an up to date driver.

Maybe s.o. experinced same as I did. I would like to help you finding the problem but I'm sad that I have no experiences in modding graphic drivers. Only some programming basics.

bye max

p.s. MD41300, nvidia Geforce 5350go, all other software + driver up to date, from Jeroen's update site.

I'm playing some video games like 3D ego Shooter und roleplay games. The crazy thing is that I have a much better performance in 3D Games like, Far Cry, Area 51 and Guild Wars with the old original Medion nvidia driver.

There is no magic bullet in the driver world. You should not be getting much better/worse frames per second with different drivers. Unless there is a BUG or an "optimized" version.

It smells like there is an option that is forced when you use the modded driver. I point my finger at either VSYNC or AntiAliasing.

Ok, thanks for help.

I'm going to test my settings. Probably you are right and I only turn on an option which was not good for my performance.

I'll report what I found out.