LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with BF2

idahoduk

I just got my Sager 9750. I have an AMD X2 3800+, 1G of DDR400 and a nVidia 7800GTX GPU. I updated the drivers off of the Sager website and then reinstalled BF2 and installed the v1.2 patch but every time I go to run I see the BF2 logo and it goes to a black screen then flickers to anouther black screen and then leaves me at my desktop. I installed the 84.25 and it did the same thing. I called EA tech support and talked to some moron who said my video card was too new and too fast. It's amazing what some people will say to get you off of the phone. If anyone has any tips or a solution it would be great since I bought this notebood for the sole purpose of playing BF2.

Edited by idahoduk

Well, it may not fix it, but there is a newer patch out, 1.22. I would pop that on first, and see how it goes.

Check the refresh frequency of your screen if it's not 60Hz... read the thread about Battlefield 2 on this forum. And look for 59Hz and 61Hz issues.