LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No strecth option?

Guest Scheisskopf

Guest Scheisskopf

Before I was using these modded drivers, I was able to stretch the screen in the nvidia control panel. Now, I can't seem to do this wih the modded drivers. My games run at the specified resolution, but surrounded by blackness. As a result, the game window is pretty small.

I'm using the 60.80 drivers right now with my Dell Inspiron 8600 with GF FX Go5650. Am I simply just overlooking the option to stretch the display, or will I need to use another set of drivers (or go back to Dell's official? ugh)? Thanks!

there should be an option in the Nview control panal for your LCD to use "display adapter scaling" If its not there then I don't know whats wrong but it could be the driver.

Edit: I haven't tried that driver yet so I wouldn't know if the option is there or not

It's under nView Display Mode. Click on the Device Settings button and choose Device Adjustments.

As Bill said, choose Display Adapter Scaling.

I'll take a stab - I'm running 60.85. :) If you're using Pieter's INF... (I can't reboot at the moment so I don't know for sure). I'll try this later. Just a stab.

Pieter sets DevicesConnected = 1, so you consistently have a "device attached" which means you can't view your "Flat Panel Display" tab in the control panel. This is where "Display Adapter Scaling" is found.

The value appears to be stored in the registry key: DevDataDFP0

Like Larry and Bill have said, even with my INFs the Adaptor scaling page is under 'nView Display Properties' then just click 'device properties'.

I do use DevicesConnected = 1, but it now install straight into Single Display mode.

It used to go into Clone mode when I had DevicesConnected = 255.

With this, set 'Display adaptor scaling' you should be away and laughing.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.