LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro vs. GeForce

Jeroen

What are the main differences between these cards ?

Which quadro is comparable with a GeForce 7x00 ?

I have to buy a new laptop for the next schoolyear (just before the Core 2 duo arives ... :) )

the models they advice is a dell xpm (which i don't want because it's to heavy etc. etc.) an inspirion 6400, which isn't my thing eather, and a precision m65 that uses a Quadro FX 350

which geforce is comparable with this card ?

also, does anybody know some laptops that have these specs:

- Core Duo (T2400 or T2500)

- minimum 1GB RAM

- GeForce videocard (7x00 , NO ATI!!! )

- Sata HD

- azerty kb...

- TV-out !!

- a widescreen (1680x1050 or higher is required, but the sony i was looking for (vaio FE) has only 1280x800) :)

thx

Edited by Jeroen

the models they advice is a dell xpm (which i don't want because it's to heavy etc. etc.) an inspirion 6400, which isn't my thing eather, and a precision m65 that uses a Quadro FX 350

which geforce is comparable with this card ?

From techreport:

They're also both based on NVIDIA's 90nm G73 design, which is currently featured in NVIDIA's GeForce 7600-series graphics cards. The FX 560 offers faster memory than the FX 550, as well as an HDTV output. Finally, a $169 Quadro FX 350 is joining the pack for the entry-level segment. Its graphics core is based on NVIDIA's G72 architecture, and cards have 128MB of GDDR3 RAM, and DVI and VGA connectors.

From nVidia product page it uses a 64 bits bus... so G72 based with 128Mb on 64 bits bus: *drum roll*

You get a Geforce 7300 LE... (probably not the GS since it's an entry level card) and it uses TurboCache.