LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Nvidia Drivers for Toshiba 6100?

rserret

Hi, newbie here, great site!

Followed all the info here, new driver, replaced INF with mod but now I get NV4_mini.sys error during install. Tried other combinations with some success but still my adapter and driver info is listed as unavailable when I go to check. All I get is "VGASave", no roll back option or bios data when in the driver or adapter window. Windows also keeps propting new VGA hardware found when I boot up.

Do I need to clean our all the old driver info and start over?

It all began when I went to xp sp2. The usual problems, black stripe and monitor would not resume after hibernation. Those problems seem fine but my graphics are unsatble and the system crashes from time to time.

What am I doing wrong? Please help! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Toshiba sat pro 6100 2.4

Nvidia GF4 420 go 32mb

xp sp2

Drivers, tried about 6. currently runing 8421 w/inf mod

ministeve?

ministeve?

Is that some sort of german insult??? :)

ps: I know you are refering to the ministeve poster... :)

:)

Well i refer to the "T6100 Meister" even though i know he probably will not read it.

What or who is "ministeve", I know where I can find a "minime".

I recall seeing that name in my searches here. Is he the expert on this type of problem.

I was also wondering if I could keep and tweak the the Microsoft driver that came with sp2. The driver works fine I just want to fix the black bar and standby problem. Can I modify and fix the existing INF file with the mods found here?

Thanks much!

Hi, I posted this before but received no response. Can some one please help!

Tried over ten times to update my Nvidia driver with no luck. Tried a number of 60's, 70's & 80's up to latetest but the system either hangs on the NV4_mini.sys (blue screen) or on the install I'm missing some DLL"s.

I am back to the Tos OEM 2.8.4.6 driver but have the hibernation problem. Did sys restore a couple times to get things working again and funny enough the black bar issue is gone for now. Some of the drivers did work but only in Safemode.

Could I be experiencing some compatabilty issues with my hardware? I made two main upgrades to my laptop last month. Swapped my GF4 420 go 16Mb to a 32mb version card and upgrade the CPU to 2.4ghz. All was fine untill I upgrade my OS from 2000 to xp sp2. I used the upgrade not the full xp package, other wise everything works fine.

Have been using the have disk install method with the correct modded INF for the driver so I think i am doing it right. Should I be running one of these driver clean up packages before doing the install?

Please help!!!!

THANKS!

Tos 6100 2.4ghz 1.9

Nvidia GF4 420 go 32mb bios 4.17.00.41.C7

Edited by rserret

No double posts pls. (i merged that)

ministeve is our legendary member involved in finding the solution the BlackBar problem. Go find his userprofile and mail him as he used to own a T6x00

Sorry for the double post but it's frustrating. There are hundreds of drivers here but I can't even get one to work. I have spent countless hours seaching through the postings here hoping to find a solution.

When I came across this site I was amazed at all the info and hard work you guys have done. I was so impressed I even made a donation to help the cause. I just hope I can find a fix.

I will try Ministeve

Thanks!

Not to be rude, but you have read the solution thread for the BlackBar and how to get rid of it stickied in this support forum?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5832

DriverCleaner recommended

Fresh Install of XP recommended

(download XPSP2 before you do a fresh install & unplug your network cable to prevent worm attacks, then apply the SP2 right after the reboot or you could also integrate the SP2 into your original XP CD http://www.webdesign-schiek.de/xpisobuilde...lder3_beta2.exe (the program can be set to english)

Yes I read all post concerning the black bar and hibernation problems. Fixing the problem is not the issue it's the NV4_mini.sys error that results after I update the driver.

First I am going to try drivercleaner. While droping a message to ministeve I saw his profile listing his drivers so mabye I will try his setup.

Thanks

It took about 50 tries but now I have a working driver for my 6100. I used 61.72 with pieter's 30.18 inf. The others I tried would either crash on reboot or give me a white screen. I also took care of the hibernation problem by changing the MapOSD3ToNV to 2.

Still unclear as to why I had so many problems. I tried drvers and inf's with and without the enhancer program but the only one that worked was pieter's inf mod for the 61.72.

Great site! Thanks :)

Seeing people having issues with their laptop conforts me in my point of view... DON'T FIX IF IT AIN'T BROKE.

Keep your driver install files in a safe box.