LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trouble using Geforce FX Go5700 for 3D gaming

Guest Young

Guest Young

I have an HP pavilion zd7000 laptop with Geforce FX Go5700 128MB and 17" widescreen. The CPU is Intel P4-HT 3.06GHz and the memory is 1GB.

I've been having trouble playing 3D games since I got the machine. I've tried all kinds of games such as FIFA 2005 demo, Sacred, Dungeon Siege II, etc. The displays for all the 3D games I tried are the same crap where triangular debris with black outlines are all over the screen together with some translucent dark-light checkerboard patterns.

I have tried different drivers including the one I downloaded from here(84.25 I think, and I did the INF thing), but still couldn't get it to work. Anyone here has or had the same problem? Can anyone tell me how to fix it? I really appreciate your help. This whole thing is driving me nuts!!

Pls. post the NERD logfile.

I could get similar corruption on my Acer 1714 / go5700 only when heavily overclocking or using dead old drivers on new games. You could test if downclocking helps (or cleaning the cooling system) but it feels faulty hardware if you have corruption with default clocks.

Guest Young
I could get similar corruption on my Acer 1714 / go5700 only when heavily overclocking or using dead old drivers on new games. You could test if downclocking helps (or cleaning the cooling system) but it feels faulty hardware if you have corruption with default clocks.

Thanks a lot. That didn't help I guess I just got a bad video card.

Thanks a lot. That didn't help I guess I just got a bad video card.

Probably a bad memory chip on the card.

I get the same thing, to varying degrees, with different drivers, but some are much better than others. Try some different drivers and you may find one that works well with the games you play.

• 4 months later...
Guest ghutson
Probably a bad memory chip on the card.

Hey just wanted to get you some feedback on this. I do not know if it is to late for you, but HP has a huge problem with the mainboard/GPU combination with all Laptops in that family. They actually have a service advisement out to repair that problem even if the machine is out of warranty (FREE OF CHARGE) The bad news is you are without your laptop for a couple of weeks while they repair it. And it will actually loose all video creating no video on boot, before it is sent out for repair. The good news is that I got a brand new Laptop had (HP/Compaq NX9500 3.2Ghz 1G DDR 80Gb EIDE-HDD) got brand new (HP/Compaq NX9600 3.8Ghz 1G DDR2 80G SATA2 HDD) they are also using a different GPU now they are using an ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600. I did have to have mine repaired, then when the problem returned I was upgraded. If you are still dealing with this email me greg@techdrvnsol.com and I will get you the links for the Service Advisory. This advisory is for all HP/Compaq laptops with the Geforce Go5600 FX or the Geforce Go5700 FX laptops with the 17" wide screen (NX family Notebooks) & (ZD Family Notebooks) maybe more.

Best of luck,

ghutson :)

They actually have a service advisement out to repair that problem even if the machine is out of warranty
Can you provide an official link to the "service advisement" on the HP homepage for us to check?

• 1 year later...
Can you provide an official link to the "service advisement" on the HP homepage for us to check?

i'm having this trouble. this link ever get posted?