LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem on Tecra M2 please help

Pavlos

Hi, all .... my first post here so please help me ...

Ok I have the Tecra M2 that has the go5200 card with 64mb....

Well I loaded one of the latest Nvidia driver 77.77 and left it on to do some downloads ....

The next morning I got a message from Nvidia that my Video Card clock speed has been slowed down due to temperature..... several times...

Now I can't play any games any more .................... I left it off for some time

There is no temperature gauge or coolbits gauge to check what is going on ..... or turn my video clock back up.... Please please can anyone tell me what I can do ... thanks...

Edited by Pavlos

Hi, all .... my first post here so please help me ...

Ok I have the Tecra M2 that has the go5200 card with 64mb....

Well I loaded one of the latest Nvidia driver 77.77 and left it on to do some downloads ....

The next morning I got a message from Nvidia that my Video Card clock speed has been slowed down due to temperature..... several times...

Now I can't play any games any more .................... I left it off for some time

There is no temperature gauge or coolbits gauge to check what is going on ..... or turn my video clock back up.... Please please can anyone tell me what I can do ... thanks...

What do you mean no coolbits guage? Have you reaplied the coolbits reg tweak again?

What do you mean no coolbits guage? Have you reaplied the coolbits reg tweak again?

Yes Coolbits Gauge .. but thats not the issue (propably is bios protected) the issue is the temp. slowdown.

How do I bring it back up .....??????

Thanks

I've never ever had that message on my m2.. and it runs 24/7. For a period of time it was mildly overclocked as well. I'd suggest a newer driver with better temp monitoring.

If it doesn't feel excessively hot to touch (you know how the m2 gets when it is hot...) I wouldn't worry too much about heat damage.