LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Getting better performance and drivers? Help pls.

solus

Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this I was wondering how I should go about getting new drivers for my Samsung laptop. It's a X10 Plus, with a Geforce FX Go 5200 64Mb. Recently games have been running with a low fps....

I already searched the official site awhile ago and couldn't find any new drivers. If this is the wrong place to post this pls point me in the rite direction... new here..

Thx in advance....

Do your old games start running slower? Or is it new games that are slow on your PC?

Yeah, its just the new games but not all new games.....and any1 knw which is the best drivers for the Geforce FX Go5200 64mb? cos I've downloaded the 86 series from here and my comp got all messed up...so i knw i need to go lower...how low is optimum? And thx again.

use the ones on the samsung site (vendor drivers). They are usually the most up to date and most stable. I have an FX Go5200 64mb as well. What games are you trying to run? I can usually get a bare minimum of 15fps (semi-playable for most games) for the newer games at the right settings and clock speeds. NFS most wanted, everything maxed except AA @ 640x480 = 32fps (clocks are 244/477MHz, core/memory respectively)

Woah nfs most wanted maxxed? I can only play the game on low.....and it occasionally stutters. ###### it, alright I'll keep searching for the official Samsung drivers thx man. Oh and trying to play games like: Far Cry, Tomb Raider Legends (Legends works on low, while Far Cry lags even with all low). Thx again