LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell 9300 Benchmark and overclock questions

inferno46n2

Alright im new too this lol so please forgive me if i fool something up... Alright i ran a benchmark of 3dmark05 on my comp and without overclocking it could barely run lol... Like the first scene as soon as the doors open it drops to about 3 fps.. werid.... now i overclocked my geforce to 356/723. not sure if these are as high as i can get it but i just clicked detect optimal and this is waht popped up.. now this is my question. I ran the benchmark again and got a 4197. But the hottest my CPU got was 88C and my GPU got to 80C.... is this normal? i don't think it is normal for CPU to go that high? i dunno maybe it has somethign to do with Notebook Hardware control is set on Max perf on CPu not sure if it would do anything.......... also is there anyway i can get higher bench mark results than this???? thanks alot also im using the 83.40 drivers... Also i recently dled Rivatuner.... and was wondering if anyone can direct me to some explantions or tuts or somehting...... i know how to use the overclocking in it and stuff but nvstraper and stuff i have no idea and would like too... or if anyone already has figured out some good stuff with riva tuner could u please tell me! thanks

Edited by inferno46n2

NVStrap is simply a little tool that allows you to trick your computer into thinking you have a different video card. It offers no performance increase, just kinda gives you the right to say "hey, I got a different video card than the next guy with the exact same computer" No point to it other than that.

Only thing I use rivatuner for is overclocking, though coolbits can do that too. Rivatuner has alot more Direct3D options than even Coolbits does. but if you dont know what they are for or what they do, its best to leave well enough alone.

NVStrap is simply a little tool that allows you to trick your computer into thinking you have a different video card. It offers no performance increase, just kinda gives you the right to say "hey, I got a different video card than the next guy with the exact same computer" No point to it other than that.

Only thing I use rivatuner for is overclocking, though coolbits can do that too. Rivatuner has alot more Direct3D options than even Coolbits does. but if you dont know what they are for or what they do, its best to leave well enough alone.

YAh your probably right..... but im sure some ppl could give me some pointers? how am i supose to learn if i just leave everyting alone lol.... thanks for the reply by the way... no comments on the other problem i have???