LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unattended Software installation

Jeroen

as my yearwork for school, I have created a Windows OEM disk. It's now running on it's end, laying my last hands on the powerpoint presentation. I have been working, searching and testing for months on this, and everything seems to be quite good working now (I wanted a perfect result :) ).

I have created a site, where all the software that is in my Unattended setup is described on, with the silent installation switches, extra notes and/or problems with the installation.

Click

It's quite off topic with this forum, but hey, maybe some of us could use this :)

I will continually update this site with my newer software, or fixes and stuff.

The items in dark yellow are the ones that still have (small) problems and which I am working on if I have some time.

This is not the only thing in my Unattended setup, but I use this for my own ease :P

If you want, I can upload a complete manual I've written (82pages, dutch) as soon as it is finished. (this is the document I have to hand in at the end of the year :( )

enjoy!

any feedback is welcome!

Jeroen.

Great work! I#m following the unattended topic for years and are quite happy with the information found @ MSFN.

So you will be the LV2Go unattended Guru in the future?

Sure I will :)

I forgat to thank everybody from MSFN, because I've got the most of this information from there! Great site btw!

Those 2 are closer to HUGE URBAN LEGEND than efficient tweak:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Load NT Kernel in RAM
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

; Use RAM above swap-file
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001

Hehe, these are two of the older (if not the oldest) tweaks in that file :P

There were still some small mistakes in that file. I fixed them now, and I'm going to test them later. Also the site is updated with some wrong things.

I also noticed it's shown a bit wrong in IE (where it is OK in firefox).

Will fix that too :(

Any feedback or hints or something are always welcome :)

Hehe, these are two of the older (if not the oldest) tweaks in that file :(

There were still some small mistakes in that file. I fixed them now, and I'm going to test them later. Also the site is updated with some wrong things.

I also noticed it's shown a bit wrong in IE (where it is OK in firefox).

Will fix that too :P

Any feedback or hints or something are always welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is a link to most of Windows Urban Legends: XP Myths

This page is old, but worth to read :) ...as it provides sources.

Btw DJ Lizard (Dial-a-fix) has made another new article about tweaking myths floating around in the net, computer magazines and people's heads as they were just copy & pasted.

http://djlizard.net/2006/06/02/157

Another awesome article is here: http://djlizard.net/2006/06/01/153

This page is old, but worth to read :) ...as it provides sources.

The last version 1.3.0 is supposed to be a recent release.