LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lost mouse in full screen fs2004

dhummel

I have a new Dell Inspiron E1705 with the nVidia 7800 Go card 256MB video ram. I am running Windows XP SP2 and DirectX 9.0c. I recently installed the 84.25 drivers and everything has been working wonderfully. WIth one exception....

When I start Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 in full screen mode the main image appears sourrounded by solid black. There is an image window that show a rotating 3D model of the aircraft. I can use the mouse to click on anything I want. However, if I move the mouse into the moving image space or over the empty space surrounding the menus it simply disappears. I can move it back, but I can't.

Once I run the game everything is fine. If I exit back to the menu I can see the mouse where ever I place it, even over the rotating model and the borders.

In windowed mode I can click and drag the rotating model, but in full screen I cannot do this, wether or not I can see the mouse.

Any help?

I know FS2004 has a problem where the rotating image was only a black box and wouldn't show. I had this problem and the latest drivers did fix that.

Have you tried Dell latest official driver... that would be either 84.30 or 84.40...

Have you tried Dell latest official driver... that would be either 84.30 or 84.40...

I just installed the updated 84.30. I had selected the 84.25 as my first upgrade becasue it came reccomended as a good general driver. The 84.30 does not solve the problem either. I looked at the 84.40 but two things dissuade me so far. First, the driver does not yet have the modded INF file. But it's new so I will wait. Second this driver is currently labeled as, "Supports only the 7900 GTX and 7900 GS" so I wonder if this would cover my 7800 Go card.

I guess that mostly I wanted to identyfy if anyone else know sif this is a software problem from Microsoft or a driver problem from nVidia

Sounds like a problem with the program, my mouse dissapears on the menu while hovering the mouse over the plane, but I navigate the menu in a window then go fullscreen afterwards.

Did the previous driver do this?

Only recomendation is to try a different driver or something, but it sounds like M$'s problem.

There is also a patch for FS2004.