LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for Geforce go 7400

Akutski

I did a huge mistake by recently installing Windows Vista Ultimate on my laptop. Since I play a lot of graphic demanding games, the default driver doesn't help at all. Could an expert please recommend me the best driver to download for gaming. Here is a quick list of the sort of games I play:

1) quake 4

2) CS 1.6

3) Rakion

4) Guild Wars

5) World of Warcraft

6) UT 2004

• 1 month later...

I recently installed Vista Home Premium on my hp dv5000t and so far everything is working alright. Apparently Vista already has a (WDDM) driver for my GeForce GO 7400, and while it works for most of my programs without any problems, I can't get Sketchup to use OpenGL Hardware Acceleration. I'm now trying various INF modded drivers, but with no luck. Does anyone know of any better driver for my setup?

Thanks,

J. Gohil

• 4 months later...

I installed ultimate before and when i was playing my fav game BF2142 it was sooo slow i even had to put everything on low and it was lagging like hell ... i gave up and put back xp home edition and everything is back to normal. but i didnt know about this website so i was using only the driver gvin by hp thats all, can some one try using a recent driver for vista and checking if 7400 is good with it for battlefield 2142 ? thnx alo

I installed ultimate before and when i was playing my fav game BF2142 it was sooo slow i even had to put everything on low and it was lagging like hell ... i gave up and put back xp home edition and everything is back to normal. but i didnt know about this website so i was using only the driver gvin by hp thats all, can some one try using a recent driver for vista and checking if 7400 is good with it for battlefield 2142 ? thnx alo

Guest jgohil

Yeah, actually I play that on my laptop and it plays great - I mean, I can't use all the AA and AF, but it runs at a solid 40-50 fps.

T2500 @ 2.00GHz

2GB Ram

Vista Ultimate

GeForce GO7400

The driver I'm using now:

I don't know if that's how the drivers are labeled for download, but that's what my system info reports.

What's your hardware setup?

Yeah, actually I play that on my laptop and it plays great - I mean, I can't use all the AA and AF, but it runs at a solid 40-50 fps.

T2500 @ 2.00GHz

2GB Ram

Vista Ultimate

GeForce GO7400

The driver I'm using now:

I don't know if that's how the drivers are labeled for download, but that's what my system info reports.

What's your hardware setup?

same thing :

T2500 @ 2.00GHz

1gb ram

cp home

GeForce GO7400

i have a high framerate BUT IT FREEZES in mid game for no reason and then i have to force restart the laptop ... which i hate ... dude u can help me out if u tell me the driver version as in like, first of all is it the original one that hp released? that is available to download on there website? or is it from here this website? .... can u specify which version it is like for example 84.54 u should be able to find it out .... and also is ur laptop an hp? pavillion? which series? ...mine is dv5292ea thnx alot man ...im waiting for ur reply

Edited by drashwas_8

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aquinas
same thing :

T2500 @ 2.00GHz

1gb ram

cp home

GeForce GO7400

i have a high framerate BUT IT FREEZES in mid game for no reason and then i have to force restart the laptop ... which i hate ... dude u can help me out if u tell me the driver version as in like, first of all is it the original one that hp released? that is available to download on there website? or is it from here this website? .... can u specify which version it is like for example 84.54 u should be able to find it out .... and also is ur laptop an hp? pavillion? which series? ...mine is dv5292ea thnx alot man ...im waiting for ur reply

I believe it would be the amount of RAM you have, for if you have good FPS but the game lags midgame, it would be that it is "loading more stuff into memory"

I dont know well though, but my bet is that it is your ram.

Guest Jessi

I have a Geforce go 7400 on my hp dv5000 and I played WoW. That is until recently once the game loads, my monitor goes black.

Nvidia's driver page doesn't even list the 7400 model anymore. I have version 83.20. I'm going to try 84.54. I really hope i get my wow back. :)

any other ideas as to why my screen would go black? Nothing has happened to it, nor have I made changes.

Guest Guest

im having similar problems with my games lately. i have a geforce 7400 go in my dell xps m1210. i play wow, rappelz, unreal tournament 2004,

and all have the same symptoms: every 10 -15 minutes the game begins to lag HORRIBLY, then freezes up for about 2-3 minutes. afterwhich it lags down and gameplay continues normally (until the next lag spike). i formatted my hard drive suspecting it was some sort of malicous software, but that doesnt seem to have stopped it. my system specs are:

T7200@2.00ghz

2gigs RAM

intel core 2 cpu

running windows xp sp 2

right now im upping the driver to 84.54, in hopes it will help. any suggestions out there?

Guest CHRIS
im having similar problems with my games lately. i have a geforce 7400 go in my dell xps m1210. i play wow, rappelz, unreal tournament 2004,

and all have the same symptoms: every 10 -15 minutes the game begins to lag HORRIBLY, then freezes up for about 2-3 minutes. afterwhich it lags down and gameplay continues normally (until the next lag spike). i formatted my hard drive suspecting it was some sort of malicous software, but that doesnt seem to have stopped it. my system specs are:

T7200@2.00ghz

2gigs RAM

intel core 2 cpu

running windows xp sp 2

right now im upping the driver to 84.54, in hopes it will help. any suggestions out there?

Ive go a t2400 1.8x2

2gb

7400go

My default drivers are 84.54 - never nad any beef off them. Although i would appricate someone advising compatable updated 97.xx or something tho! :)

Guest Guest

T7200@2.00ghz

2gigs RAM

intel core 2 cpu

running windows xp sp 2

Im have the same problem. Everything worked fine untill about a week ago. This can be caused by some kind of overheating issue. Ill try to downclock the gpu, and see if it helps.

Another problem can be the cpu. I noticed that when the lags occur the cpu usage increases drastically to 100%. Another thing is that the cpu frequency is not constant (1000, 1333, 1666, 1833, 2000MHz) but oscillates slightly from about 1994 to 2010MHz.

Guest Guest
Im have the same problem. Everything worked fine untill about a week ago. This can be caused by some kind of overheating issue. Ill try to downclock the gpu, and see if it helps.

Another problem can be the cpu. I noticed that when the lags occur the cpu usage increases drastically to 100%. Another thing is that the cpu frequency is not constant (1000, 1333, 1666, 1833, 2000MHz) but oscillates slightly from about 1994 to 2010MHz.

lemme know if downclocking (or anything else) works. im eager to resolve this issue. thanks

Guest GUEST
lemme know if downclocking (or anything else) works. im eager to resolve this issue. thanks

I downclocked the gpu to 350/700 and the lag stopped occuring ;]

I also think that this heat issue can be resolved by openning notebook and cleaning the radiators, because dust stops the airflow.. I will try that after my warranty expired.

Guest Guest
I downclocked the gpu to 350/700 and the lag stopped occuring ;]

I also think that this heat issue can be resolved by openning notebook and cleaning the radiators, because dust stops the airflow.. I will try that after my warranty expired.

thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same problem with BF2142 ... its freeze in mid of the game ... i tried a lot off video setup combinations and nothing works......

I am having the same problem. Everything worked until a month ago and since then I have been trying every driver I can find. This is really annoying. I used to play WOW for hours on end and now it crashes within 10 minutes of playing. Someone please help.

just wanted to say that I too am an extremely frustrated dell xps m1210 user experiencing all these problems as well. hope there is asolution too, I've been fighting it since may now

Hello im a newb to this forum, and would like to know are the 90series drivers the newest ones for the geforce go 7400 running vista??

Hello everyone,

I would be most grateful if someone would take a moment to advice me on the following:

i have a geforce 7400 go in my pavilion 8284. My problem is that during the game cursor movement pauses for a split second every 1-2 seconds - creating a lag or choppy movement. I have this problem for all games. I cant find a solution. I have tested the drivers 8.4.5.4 & 8.3.2.0 from hp site but the same.

Edited by befos

Hello everyone,

I would be most grateful if someone would take a moment to advice me on the following:

i have a geforce 7400 go in my pavilion 8284. My problem is that during the game cursor movement pauses for a split second every 1-2 seconds - creating a lag or choppy movement. I have this problem for all games. I cant find a solution. I have tested the drivers 8.4.5.4 & 8.3.2.0 from hp site but the same.

Hi Befos,

I had this same problem on new 64 bit Vista and it was coused by TMM task scheduled in Task scheduler. I just turned off this task and everythink works fine. Try to set refresh rate in Task Manager to highest level, sort processes according to CPU usage and watch which process is consuming CPU when the lag occure.

GL, KryS

• 2 weeks later...

i use 97.73 on xp32. this is the newest with the original control panel,and it works with better performance,than the original go drivers (series 8x).naturally you need the modded inf to install it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Woofdine
i use 97.73 on xp32. this is the newest with the original control panel,and it works with better performance,than the original go drivers (series 8x).naturally you need the modded inf to install it.

Hi there, just wondering how you go about modding your .inf file and then install the newer 97.73 drivers.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ2XP, and whenever I play Half-Life 2 (which runs like a dream!) after around 15 minutes of playing my computer goes dead, literally everything just turns off instantly. I'm hoping updated drivers may help the issue. I'm putting it down to over-heating, would that be right?