LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.92 XP 32bit | Nightly Build

mobilenvidia

I had the CPU use stop with 97.92 nVidia service (which the CPU was coming from svhost, not nvsvc32)... but the weird part is it stopped using the CPU when I installed Window Blinds v5 Enhanced. :)

Howdy, People !!!

I have a folowing problem... Sorry to disturb you and all, but the thing is:

My system is Windows XP SP2 Professionalon ASUS A6JM Notebook with Geforce Go7600 with 512 MB. Now the problem is that every time i start some heavy 3d programm (most of the games) at some randome point the screen just freezes. Nothing happens ever after. However i can hear the sounds at the backgound still going on as if nothing happened. If I use the official drivers from ASUS (that suck by the way-too old....84.something version and ASUS NEVER updates the drivers) the same problem occurs at random point, but besides of the freezing effect there appear some funny glitches all over the screen. With the newer drivers from this forum the screen just freezes. There is no other way to get away from freez (no switch tasking helps, no task manager appears....no nothing) but to turn off the notebook completely and start it again. If there is any way you can assist me with some good advices - I humbly beg of you to do that. I still can remember, that one day i found some nice driver that solved the problem, but since then i updated the driver a couple of times and the right driver is now lost to me. :) I can't find it no more. If you could please advise me, where the problem might be - please do that.

Sounds like a hardware-problem to me not like a driver-related one except that you mentioned that one driver that you couldn't find anymore that fixed the problem. But aside from that your card is probably suffering from poor cooling or is permanently damaged. The freezing and the glitches are classical symptoms from a damage of the hardware. Maybe you should consult your dealer if you still have warranty.

Edited by therealleimi

Yes i followed the steps......Don't worry......anything above 9686 has always given me a BSOD when I use XP and under. They only install when i have media center as my prime OS.

Didn't intend on using these anyways, just wanted to try them out to see if I would still get the BSOD.

That would be a brilliant idea, I wish I had thought to check the website of the company who made my laptop for the driver I'm missing..... Oh wait I forgot I already did. That is why I am here asking if anyone has that driver. Im looking for the driver for the LCD screen not the video card. Alienware does not have a specific driver for it. So since you obviously must have this driver already, it would be nice if instead of trying to be a ball bag you could help out and point me in the right direction.

What you ahve to do is open up the alienware driver inf and use some of the info in it in the new drivers information..

I did it for a few drivers on the 51m 7700 running go 6800 FX you can contact me if you want...

• 2 months later...
That would be a brilliant idea, I wish I had thought to check the website of the company who made my laptop for the driver I'm missing..... Oh wait I forgot I already did. That is why I am here asking if anyone has that driver. Im looking for the driver for the LCD screen not the video card. Alienware does not have a specific driver for it. So since you obviously must have this driver already, it would be nice if instead of trying to be a ball bag you could help out and point me in the right direction.

If you want help building a inf that may work for your computer send me a copy of an Alienware driver inf (for your computer model/card) and the driver you want to modify i did some modifying for my own alienware 51m 7700 back in the day and got some bleeding edge drivers to work when no one could not saying That I am your fix but hay it can't hurt. ... you can message me through my blog at http://d4rk-4ng3l.blogspot.com/

ohh and make and model of your computer will help..

I am a comptuer tech.. have a great day.

Ciao...

Edited by DeLaguna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dthardcore

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately I got rid of the laptop. it was to much of a hassle and did not get the performance that it should have. I did end up writing a modified inf for the nvidia drivers and got a 10 fps boost, but it was still well below acceptable.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I am a new nvidia user and have been browsing this forum for a while, yet still have some questions.

Using a Toshiba Notebook sporting GeForce Go 7300.

Toshiba's official driver for XP is v84.68. Since I am looking for hardware acceleration for h264, I sought to update the driver to at least a 9x.xx version

I used 97.92 but got some refresh problems under VirtualDub, and I just updated to 97.94. With both I got the "nvsc32.exe" problem (at least, I hadn't noticed it under 84.68, maybe it was there).

My questions :

- do this site's versions of the drivers include ForceWare (whatever that is) or not ? I ask because these drivers are about 30MB, while Nvidia's 93.xx and 94.24 are about 60MB, hence the question : what's missing ??

- is there a "clean" way to uninstall a driver after it has been uninstalled "uncleanly" ??

- what is the real recommended version ? I initiallly chose 97.92 based on the number of downloads on this site's page. Are there other considerations ?

- I admit I would feel more confortable using the something straight from NVidia (in this case 94.24), but am not experienced enough to write/modify the inf file to handle my card. Can anyone help ?

As an aside, the "nvsc32.exe" cpu usage problem, I've seen some comments in this thread saying it "only" gives a a value of 02 or 03 in TaskManager. What you *really" should look at is the average cpu usage before and after killing the process. I estimate it takes 15 to 20% of my dual-core, whis is absolutely unacceptable.

thanks to all for any input

nvydyauser

Edited by envydyauser

What's the latest on the nvsc32.exe issue?

I'm still using the 84.26 version issued by Asus for my laptop and I would really like to run something newer.

I've just tried several of the newer releases (this one and few 100.xxx versions). Each one I tried I had the issue with nvsc32.exe going nuts and constantly accessing files.

Is nvsc32.exe issue a bug? Do I need to change something on my system to resolve it?

NVDM.INF

The fix for the nvsc32.exe or services.exe taking up a lot of CPU is obviously an INI fix, and it would be cool for LaptopVideo2Go to figure out what it is changed about NGO nVidia INF they are doing, because all of the drivers I have downloaded from them have applied a fix for that in the INF.

Anyways, I suggest getting the latest NGO drivers. they are VERY good drivers, with full mobile support, and of course the INF will allow installing on almost every nVidia card ever made.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=nvidia

I just checked NGO's INF and how it handles nvsvc32 and it's identical to the modded INFs found here.

So not sure what is going there.

What you could try doing is look for this section in the INF:

[nv_NVSVC_Inst]
DisplayName	= %NVSVC.name%
Description	= %NVSVC.desc%
ServiceType	= 16[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]  ; SERVICE_WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
StartType[tab][/tab] = 2
ErrorControl   = 1[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab] ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary  = %11%\nvsvc32.exe

Change the line StartType = 2 to either = 3 for manual start or = 4 for disable try it in this order

Reinstall driver each time you try a different value and this should fix your problem with nvsvc32 (even NGO has ServiceType = 2)

Hope this helps :)

• 3 months later...
Guest cladoceran

hi there ı have got toshıba a100-906 and ge force go 7600 graphıc card can ı use thıs drıver for my laptop or whıch drıver i can use help please ı ınstalled 97.73 ın some games for exmple test drıve unlımıted ıafter i play 10 mınute the games crashes and comıng blue screen wrıtes nv4.inf error