LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is there any better driver for me?

raj

Right now I'm using the 84.63 driver using a modded inf file on my GeForce 6800 Go Ultra (Dell XPS Gen 2). I tried the 84.69 driver but my desktop icons get rearranged after closing the lid and reopening it (and sometimes the lid never turns back on). So is there any other driver that is recommended for me or should I just stick to the 84.63?

Thanks in advance.

Stick with the 84.63, Until there's another really good driver there's not really any reason to switch.

Guest Einar Rosenvinge
Right now I'm using the 84.63 driver using a modded inf file on my GeForce 6800 Go Ultra (Dell XPS Gen 2). I tried the 84.69 driver but my desktop icons get rearranged after closing the lid and reopening it (and sometimes the lid never turns back on).

Are you happy with 84.63 on this computer? As you can see in this post I'm having trouble with suspend/resume when closing the laptop lid on an XPS Gen 2, and 84.69 didn't work well for me.

I you can recommend 84.63 (especially for suspend/resume) then I might just try it.

Thanks!

-Einar

Are you happy with 84.63 on this computer? As you can see in this post I'm having trouble with suspend/resume when closing the laptop lid on an XPS Gen 2, and 84.69 didn't work well for me.

I you can recommend 84.63 (especially for suspend/resume) then I might just try it.

Thanks!

-Einar

Yeah, I don't have any problems with the 84.63 on my laptop. I can close the lid and open it just fine without any graphical glitches or whatnot (screen turns off, resumes normally when opened, etc). Give it a try and see if it works for you.

A similar question. Which driver from the 90 or 95-series is the best to use on a laptop with the GeForce Go6800 card??

Yeah, I don't have any problems with the 84.63 on my laptop. I can close the lid and open it just fine without any graphical glitches or whatnot (screen turns off, resumes normally when opened, etc). Give it a try and see if it works for you.

I tried 84.63 now and it seems to have the same suspend/resume problem as the other drivers I've tested.

Which chipset drivers are you using?

I installed

• Intel INF chipset drivers (8.1.1.1010)
  • Intel Wireless driver (10.5...)
  • Dell Notebook System Software 4.5.0 (A21)

Did you install the INF chipset drivers supplied by Dell or the newest ones from Intel?

-Einar

I'm using the Dell ones I believe.

Have you tried using Driver Cleaner to clean install the drivers?

Have you tried using Driver Cleaner to clean install the drivers?

I used Nasty File Remover, but that seemed a bit outdated. Maybe Driver Cleaner is better?

Anyway, I suspect I'll have to install at least the Dell Intel INF chipset stuff. Or reinstall Windows and everything... :)

-Einar

Maybe. Just make sure you use the appropriate steps when using Driver Cleaner (uninstall drivers -> safe mode -> run Driver Cleaner -> reboot into normal mode -> install drivers -> reboot). Good luck!

Edited by raj