LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New 8600M GT GPU, drivers for XP ?

Guest Mari0-Br0s

Guest Mari0-Br0s

hi guys, I'm looking forward to purchase a notebook. ASUS has just released a new notebook, the G1S. it features a new nvidia 8600m gt video card. I contacted nvidia, and they told me that they do not intend to make any drivers to make this GPU supported under windows xp. I do not want Vista, so I'm currently looking to see if there's custom drivers that will make this GPU supported under Windows XP 32bit. If there's nothing at all, I'll have to go with a previous version of the G1S, the G1P, which fully support windows xp with a geforce go 7700.

thanks in advance

phil

NVDM.INF

nvmw.inf

Guest Archangel

Hi,

I bought a Samsung R70 Notebook two weeks ago. After trying a few games I must realize: Fuckin Vista is a big fat slug! It slows down every game, so it runs like on a PII 200Mhz.... It can't be the Hardware. Ok its only a Santa Rosa C2D with 1,8Ghz... But old games like The Clou 2 or The Guild 2???

Now i want to isntall Windows XP. But there are now drivers at Samsungs Page for XP. All other drivers are available. But no nvidia driver...

So... Where can I get a working XP Driver for my GF 8600GS Go? Is a modded inf in construction?

Sorry 'bout my rusty english. :)

Guest Guest
Hi,

I bought a Samsung R70 Notebook two weeks ago. After trying a few games I must realize: Fuckin Vista is a big fat slug! It slows down every game, so it runs like on a PII 200Mhz.... It can't be the Hardware. Ok its only a Santa Rosa C2D with 1,8Ghz... But old games like The Clou 2 or The Guild 2???

Now i want to isntall Windows XP. But there are now drivers at Samsungs Page for XP. All other drivers are available. But no nvidia driver...

So... Where can I get a working XP Driver for my GF 8600GS Go? Is a modded inf in construction?

Sorry 'bout my rusty english. :)

I have the same Problem as Archangel...

Hi Guys,

XP Drivers 158.22 will support all your Go 8600 GPUs... as below :) Also, any newer 150 series releases should also include these, so future updates should be a snap.

NVIDIA_G86.DEV_0425.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS"
NVIDIA_G86.DEV_0426.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT"
NVIDIA_G86.DEV_0427.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS"
NVIDIA_G86.DEV_0428.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G"

Guest weldon

Mattman,

the 8600M GT isn't in the list that you posted. Does that mean it won't work right now, but should work with future releases? Do you have to add an entry to a config file to get the drivers to recognize the new part or will it work right out of the box?

Mattman,

the 8600M GT isn't in the list that you posted. Does that mean it won't work right now, but should work with future releases? Do you have to add an entry to a config file to get the drivers to recognize the new part or will it work right out of the box?

There you go:

NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0407.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0408.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GTS"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0409.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GS"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_040A.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310M"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_040B.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_040C.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M"
NVIDIA_G84.DEV_040D.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M"

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=13253

Edited by ColdSoul

Anyone know if this driver is gonna support audio over the HDMI ports?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chessmaster

I also have Samsung R70, and also want to put Win XP, but don't have drivers. Can anyone help (exept samsung :) ) for the drivers, at least for sound card.

Thanks in advance.

Guest spekerol

i am having one heck of a time with my new macbook pro 15.4 2.4Ghz santa rosa screen and gforce 8600M GT Drivers in windows XP Home what do i do? my sound and video is useless without correct drivers using stupid bootcamp drivers! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8 months later...
Guest Guest

Does anyone know of any new Windows XP Pro SP2 drivers here in the month of March of 2008 for the Nvidia 8600M GT 512mb video card for the Asus C90S laptop since the Nvidia website seems to be supporting Vista only? I notice some drivers for the 8700M GT video card.....

I'd appreciate any and all help regarding this or for aftermarket custom drivers like DNA or Omega drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Does anyone know of any new Windows XP Pro SP2 drivers here in the month of March of 2008 for the Nvidia 8600M GT 512mb video card for the Asus C90S laptop since the Nvidia website seems to be supporting Vista only? I notice some drivers for the 8700M GT video card.....

I'd appreciate any and all help regarding this or for aftermarket custom drivers like DNA or Omega drivers.

are u using dell lappy? doesnt sound like it

i have 8600m gt inside my dell laptop, and just found the v174 update, 2008 mar 18 released,

• 4 weeks later...
are u using dell lappy? doesnt sound like it

i have 8600m gt inside my dell laptop, and just found the v174 update, 2008 mar 18 released,

could you say where you found the v174, latest i culd find is v171

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest pupp3tmast3r

Guys I tried using the links given, my card's a GeForce 8600M GT and when I tried installing those drivers it just says could not locate any drivers compatible with your hardware, can anyone please help? I haven't upgraded the drivers at all since I first bought the laptop 6 months ago and it's a dell vostro 1400 model.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys I tried using the links given, my card's a GeForce 8600M GT and when I tried installing those drivers it just says could not locate any drivers compatible with your hardware, can anyone please help? I haven't upgraded the drivers at all since I first bought the laptop 6 months ago and it's a dell vostro 1400 model.

same problem with same system.

i've had this computer sence last year. laptop. never updated the drivers.

anyone know where i could find the drivers i need, and can use.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest svisto
Hi Guys,

XP Drivers 158.22 will support all your Go 8600 GPUs... as below :) Also, any newer 150 series releases should also include these, so future updates should be a snap.

it doesnt wrk on my acer aspire 5920g with GF 8600M GS, win xp. ;/