• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uncajesse

• ®®®

• BrendaEM

• atthaboon

I'm pretty sure this INF file was created before the hardware strings for the GFGo 8700GT were known. Try the v163.16 drivers though, those are the latest version. I'm about to try them out myself tonight, if I get a free 1-2 hours. (i plan to run some benches hopefully)

Edited by uncajesse

Updated INF to include all GPU's.

Remember that this is an old driver and the 8700M was not around, so this driver might not be supported.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome driver, installed easily on Clevo M570A w/ nVidia 7800GTX (VRAM: 256MB)

It also got rid of the ~30sec delay I was experiencing with the 163.44 drivers.

I used the modded inf. If anyone needs help with the driver and which inf to use send me a PM and ill help you.

EDIT: Booted perfectly twice, then started giving me BSODs =\

-TBird

Edited by TBird

yeh this older driver is probably not close to the best for new stuff, and imo old either. it doesn't even support opengl.

Guest OPENHOUSE
as far as i knew, coolbits is integrated with the custom inf here, so those areas should already be visible.

also, this driver isn't very new... even tho the version number is highest for now. and it doesn't support opengl.

Also the new august 2007 version of riva tuner (2.03) is said to work with the latest drivers.

I tried the 165.01 and an modded .inf on a Thinkpad T61P with a 256MB Quaddro 570m.

The drivers install okay. I tried them on Doom 3, and Thief 2, Thief 2 being the main reason why I tried the driver swap.

[Regrettably, the original drivers lock when returning to Thief's main menu from running the game engine. Thief 2 is 16-bit rendered game, which looks bad on newer Nvidia chips, indicating that Nvidia's 16-bit rendering is comprised, but I was hoping that it would run at all, but it doesn't.]

The drivers worked for both Doom 3 and Thief 2, unfortunately, when using the modded drivers, I could no longer use they keyboard to control the brightness level of the display. I could no longer use the power manager to control the brightness od the display. I could affect the brightness manually, with the sliders, but not with other software.

I since de-installed the drivers, and the originals restored the display controls. I may try your drivers again. I just don't want to overclock my videocard in any way.

Thank You for your effort,

BrendaEM

Edited by BrendaEM

Thanks for this informative feedback. Try one the more recent drivers though like 156.55 or the today released 163.67 as 165.01 has indeed the highest version number, but it outdated as a beeper from the 90s (date shows 2007-04).

Are they not numbered sequentially?

Is there any known driver that works, which solves the brightness-thing?

Thank you.

No not anymore. They try hard, but as VISTA appeared on the market NVIDIA changed their numbering scheme drastically.

Try looking for an updated tool over at Lenovo for controlling brightness in VISTA. SONY laptop users had have success by updating their software tools provided by SONY.

This driver version support for bioshock??

I'm using go 7400 the 163.44 version does not support my driver.It's make my labtop can't increase bright.

i KNOW you didn't try searching the forums for "bioshock" cos there's a driver specifically optimized for bioshock. so, search for it??

First

I try to search but i can't found how to fix. The driver (163.44) that provide was support only

geforce go 7400 qoute

when i have setup it i found my screen go dark and can't increase bright .

How do i fix it's.

Second

I try to download 165.01 version but it's cause the blue screen when i was playing bioshock

my labtop spec is

dual core 2 GHz

RAM 2048 MB.

Geforce go 7400 turbo cache

Thank you

re: not supporting your hardware, please read the FAQ section about "what is a custom inf, and why do i need one" or something to that effect. it's linked from the 1st post on all these threads. that should shed some light on things.

then, try removing your drivers, using the proper methods detailed in the FAQ (not sure if they have updated the section to include Driver Sweeper) and then re-install the bioshock drivers with the custom inf. :)

I noticed the GeForce FX Go5650 wasn't listed. Was that a typo? What would be the latest ver. for that card please?

Thanks

The Fur

It's in the inf... this is your card, right?

NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031B.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5650 "

this is dated from april 2007, and the driver version nr. says 165.01, so it should be newer than 163.44.. but 163.44 is from august 2007, so which is newer? or rather wich one should i use? (i have: video: geforce go 7600; cpu: amd turion 64 x2 mobile technology tl-56, 1.81 ghz performance rated at 3.66 GHz)

it's simply great that this place really excists! thanks!

august is definitely after april. :)

yeh really though, this driver is quite old really, as it's been said a bunch of times in this thread already. but yeah i agree it's great, this site, and the HUGE help the staff is - not only with nVidia product.

the 163.44 have been working great for a lot of people from what i've been reading on several forums. go for it. :) read the FAQ stuff on the thread if you have any questions. :P

please read the FAQ... it's been mentioned and WHY you should like nearly 10 times now, in this thread alone... at least read it if you want to know why you should not be asking that question

Guest Bartju93

I had problems with the 8600M GT on my Dell Vostro 1500.

When I was starting up my laptop from hybernate the screen doesn't work.

sombody told me in another topic told me to use the fn+f8 key (ctr/lcd) to get my screen working. Can somebody make a fix for this issue because it works irritating. I always use hybernate... :)