• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uncajesse

• ®®®

• BrendaEM

• atthaboon

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 w/ nVidia 8600M GT. Installed this driver shortly after getting the laptop so I could play Bioshock. Bioshock worked but my computer would no longer wake from sleep. Switched to 163.44 and now everything is good.

this driver is ANCIENT now, lol... 163.44 (which was tuned for Bioshock btw) is over 6 months newer than this one.

man, ®®®... it would be fine probably with a lot of people if you deleted this thread. :) i'm unsubscribing, i can't take it any longer, lol.

Hi,

I use drivers 165.01 XP 32bit on my graphic card GF FX5200.

Its work great in games but.. when I tried to play any movie in any movieplayer I cant see picture in it... its only black screen...

Can somebody can help me with that problem ?

Edited by LukGo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcuz007

Hi

I have a HP8710p with a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 320M GPU.

I was wondering if the drivers will work on this GPU, it is apparently based on a 8700GT Chip.

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

bcuz007, it should work if your card is in the hardware compatibility list in the custom INF.

i have an Asus F3t with Nvidia 7300 go. the driver works with Modded INF. it works fine on FIFA 08, but when i try playing other games like sierras TimeShift it shows the blue screen then restart. what should i do? i installed the driver correctly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with this driver. It was working fine with team fortress 2 and all the other source engine games before. However suddenly it has stopped running them. It says something about being unable to start D3D device and just crashes the game.

When i installed it i used drive sweeper after removing the previous driver, in safe mode, and then installed this driver.

I'm not sure what i should do.

I just used it in my new Amilo xi 2428 with 8600M GS. I enhanced the .inf file to switch off VMR and enable overlay and it worked for Avid. I only want XP Pro for video editing in Avid and everything else with Vista (Dualboot). Thank you very much, if this site didn't exist I would not be able to manage it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on running a go5600 fx card in a Toshiba p10. Just did a clean install a month ago, and have been running these drivers since then with good results. Games like Half-Life 2, Battlefield Vietnam and Hitman Blood Money have all been installed and run very well on Medium settings. Only problem I have noticed is a flickering screen on boot just after the WinXP logo - the flashing lasts about 10 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rumbler

That sounds interesting! what do you exactly mean by: "I enhanced the .inf file to switch off VMR and enable overlay ". did you just replace the inf file or what do you mean by "enhanced". what is a VMR and how do i enable overlay..??? i am also trying hard on running my avid on my notebook with nvidia 8400M G.

thanx for reply.

• 4 weeks later...
this drivers work great whit dell precision workstation M90 and modded inf

Hey what about the password being asked in order to download?? :)