LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Community Led Driver Recommendations-GeForce Go 7xxx Series

®®®

where can i find what driver im running??

my laptop is Acer Aspire 5630 series (5633WLMi)

Video card nVidia geforce go 7300 256mb

and what is the best driver for me to use..

thnx

You can download GPU-Z to tell the drivers and other important details.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1124/...U-Z_v0.2.5.html

I would look for forums that have disscussion about Acer 5630 series and see what other say about the different drivers.

I'm testing the 169.09 but may revert back to the 8x.xx series for serious overclocking!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• zipper

• envydyauser

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi 1556

nVidia GForce 7600 go 256 mb

driver 163.44 with modded inf - file worked fine for me.

I searched for a solution to set my external Display as primary in Dualview.

With this driver it works.

THX for this great supply here.

Greetz Ramelow

Hi all, I?m new to this site and in need of some advice. I?m looking to update my 8600M GS and my bro?s Go 7600 driver. At the moment we?re currently running HP?s recommended 174.32. I?ve noticed that the latest driver for Vista 32bit to support the 8600M GS and Go 7600 in its original INF is forceware 175.61. Considering this driver was released by ACER, would it be safe to install on an HP? Also, although it mentions in the 175.61 INF that it supports the 8600M GS and Go 7600, why are they listed so many times with different codes? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Probably different Subsys codes, might be that your card is still different by Subsys number so a sure bet is to use the modified INF if the install doesn't succeed - the modified INF ignores the Subsys codes.

I have the 7150M and i have been trying different drivers but it often crashes when i listen to movies. I have a HP Paville dv9000 with AMD turion 64 TL-58 with 2gig of ram... even with descent spec this video card sucks so bad that i need a driver plase :)

thank for your help and time

I have the same specs for my HP laptop but with 4 gigs ram. Try downloading Vista driver 174.32 from the HP site. Original inf supports the 7150m/630m even though HP only lists this driver on certain models. I now have great performance....(compared to before) with a system rating of 3.0. I also have my system overclocked with the latest release of Nvidia performance software. My Ht bus is overclocked to 212. The other settings are adjusted automatically with this setting. This gives me good performance, the system is very stable, and best of all...there are no heat issues. GPU idles at 49c and CPUs idle at 45c-52c. Make sure that you apply the latest bios release if you plan to overclock.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a geforce 7600 go. My laptops details are on the left hand side. Can anyone recommend a good driver. I mainly play Call of Duty 4 (great game) but am finding my performance isnt great. Ive got the game running on the bare minimum and have tweaked even more so. Still get rubbish fps.

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I have been reading these forums trying to find a driver for my Toshiba p100 with a go 7900 gs video card. I upgraded to an nVidia driver only to have the thermostat stop working and my system overheat constantly. I had to reinstall the 2006 drivers from Toshiba's website to fix the issue. Am I to understand that these modded INF files will add the necessary code to have the thermostat keep working so that my fan kicks in when temperatures increase? Thanx in advance.

Stoon

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there I have been reading these forums trying to find a driver for my Toshiba p100 with a go 7900 gs video card. I upgraded to an nVidia driver only to have the thermostat stop working and my system overheat constantly. I had to reinstall the 2006 drivers from Toshiba's website to fix the issue. Am I to understand that these modded INF files will add the necessary code to have the thermostat keep working so that my fan kicks in when temperatures increase? Thanx in advance.

Stoon

I suppose that you mean that your GPU fan isnt working?

In that case, using a modded inf will not fix it.

I suggest you take a look at this thread, it might help you as there arent so much differences between a geforce 7600go and a 7900go

As for driver recommendation, im using the 169.25 Driver with modded inf for Vista 32bit

Edited by Chronicburn

• 1 month later...

I have a Dell Latitude D820 with a GeForce NVS 120M (also listed as Go 7400) with the 163.44 driver installed.

The problem I have is that I'm seeing very poor 3D/Direct X performance compared to what I expected. I did install a new driver and saw a big performance increase, but the NVIDIA Control Panel didn't work with that driver.

My question is this: is there a known working driver behind 163.44 that will help me take advantage of the recent performance increases in NVIDIA drivers, but also allow the control panel to still function correctly?

The latest driver for me with a non working CP was 177.92 - all drivers after it have had a working CP.

The latest driver for me with a non working CP was 177.92 - all drivers after it have had a working CP.

Thanks Zipper! I intalled the 180.70 XP 32bit driver and the control panel is working much better now.

That said, I use Dual View and am having trouble getting the desktop to properly display on the correct screen if I align my secondary display to the left of my primary. For example...

[samsung Display - Secondary] [Laptop Display - Primary].

Unfortunately, this results the the desktop remaining on the Samsung, not the primary laptop display. Orienting the displays in reverse works fine, it's just annoying to scroll the mouse right to go left, so to speak.

I remember once upon a time NVIDIA had a pretty nice "Advanced" tool to lock in these sorts of settings, but that doesn't appear to be available with the new drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

check Evan Ogas's blog for 3dmark05 testing he did with several different driver versions on his go 7900gs

a blogging coder: nVidia GeForce GO 7900gs Best Driver Deathmatch Part II:

http://bloggingcoder.blogspot.com/2008/06/...est-driver.html

I have Inspiron E1705, running XP and a NVidia 7900 GTX. I have had serious problems with it giving me artifacts (even in non-3D games like Civ 4) and crashing to a blue screen or the video signal frying while doing anything video intensive (even watching avi files). It doesn't always crash: sometimes it will crash repeatedly and sometimes I can go for hours playing source or similar without problems. When changing resolutions (such as loading civ4) it will hang my computer (my evidence is the mp3 playing hangs).

I'm still wondering if this is a driver problem or bad video memory (I did buy the card at 1/2 price on e-bay).

I believe I'm running 175.75 now, how I came to that conclusion, I don't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
I have Inspiron E1705, running XP and a NVidia 7900 GTX. I have had serious problems with it giving me artifacts (even in non-3D games like Civ 4) and crashing to a blue screen or the video signal frying while doing anything video intensive (even watching avi files). It doesn't always crash: sometimes it will crash repeatedly and sometimes I can go for hours playing source or similar without problems. When changing resolutions (such as loading civ4) it will hang my computer (my evidence is the mp3 playing hangs).

I'm still wondering if this is a driver problem or bad video memory (I did buy the card at 1/2 price on e-bay).

I believe I'm running 175.75 now, how I came to that conclusion, I don't remember.

beware!!

i've been having the same problems as you have for a while now (while playing civ4 too)

and just one hour ago my gpu died!!!!! ah!!!!!!!!

so from what your describing, i'd say that your gpu is probably doomed!

you've been warned...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an HP Pavillion dv9000 notebook with a Go 7600 (512 MB). I'm running XP Mediacenter 2002 SP3.

163.44 (what I originally had), running Mass Effect, just gives me a black screen after the splash, but you can still alt-tab out.

185.20 freezes with a black screen after the splash when I start up Mass Effect (didn't try it with much else.)

181.20 (out-of-the-box or Dox optimised) crashes with BSOD on Windows startup.

180.70 runs fine and has run Mass Effect without issues for quite a few hours now.

• 1 year later...