• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cdx47

• envydyauser

• LSudlow

• Raphie

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please explain to me how to use this "Purevideo"?

i have currently the CCCP with Media Player Classic installed an 1080p vids are constantly getting getting out of synch

Dell Vostro 1500

2.2Ghz T7500

8600M GT 256MB

2GB Ram

Windows XP SP3

ah, i forgot to mention that i installed today the new 177.66 Driver and got a new? option "Purevideo" thats why i want to try this out, sounds promising what´s described in the options, but i cant fond a proper how to

can someone please explain to me how to use this "Purevideo"?

i have currently the CCCP with Media Player Classic installed an 1080p vids are constantly getting getting out of synch

Dell Vostro 1500

2.2Ghz T7500

8600M GT 256MB

2GB Ram

Windows XP SP3

Yes! Just install Haali Media Splitter and PowerDVD 8 Ultra. You can play most of <720p files w/ DxVA by changing the IDC from 5.1 to 4.1 with IDC Changer 0.3.

But for most of 1080p files, you need to MeGUI to encode them to change the IDC.

Any questions ?

• 4 weeks later...
I installed a driver 174.74 which this site says is WHQL but Vista (and Nvidia) says isnt :) .

This is because when the INF is modded, the driver loses the WHQL certification.

This is because when the INF is modded, the driver loses the WHQL certification.

I was not using a modded inf. If I was them there would be NO cert at all.

Anyway the reason I havent been here for a while is that I am now using a Popcornhour media player. My laptop is of course much more powerful, but in general it plays 99% of mkvs and has hardware acceleration for Bluray (just the film,no menus etc).

• 1 month later...

I just bumped my ForceWare from 174.31 to 178.13.

Yet again I see a concrete improvement in video playback performance, measured in CPU usage.

My 720x576 or 720x480 movies play back with near-zero (anyway <10%) CPU usage, which is pretty good for a video card that only supports partial H.264 acceleration.

To encourage owners of 6- and 7-series cards, here is my bottom line :

On my GeForce Go 7300 I get *partial* hardware acceleration of x264 videos (tried 576p and 720p resolutions), using VLC 0.8.6 (any) and VLC 0.9.2. (WinXP SP2 32bits, DirectX 9 Aug2007 thru Jun08)

This is to encourage users with 6- and 7-series cards to use VLC to get maximum performance.

The MPC-HC player has done a superb job in providing DXVA acceleration, but that's only for 8- and 9-series cards.

Please note that you must configure VLC to explicitly use "DirectX", rather than leaving the option as "Default".

cheers

envydyauser

Hey guys. Just wanted to show my support. I still watch this topic and follow with interest. :) I think I will try the new driver mentioned by envyd as it sounds interesting. I still use sometimes use my laptop for MKVs when the Popcorn is not man enough :) Some people used to encode their x264 files at L5.1 would you believe with double digit ref frames. So you need a Core2Duo just to play it!

• 1 month later...
A lot of people mix up ... Purevideo HD only available on 84/85/8600 (not on 8800) which supports HW decoding of BluRay and HD-DVD (x264 encoded material in that matter)

8800M is supposed to have "The second-generation NVIDIA® PureVideo® HD engine extends battery life by taking 100% of H.264 Blu-ray and HD DVD decode from the CPU."

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8800m.html