LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WhiteTigerX7's HP/Compaq/VoodooPC INF (For Vista 32bit Only)

whitetigerx7

This driver is for all HP/Compaq/VoodooPC laptop systems using Nvidia graphics hardware.

===========================================================================

Important!! Read 1st or regret it later!!!

Only install this driver on one of the following series of Laptops:

Hewlett-Packard

Compaq

Voodoo PC

Installation on other systems may not work or may leave product severely crippled.

Driver is based off 177.98 driver released in the LaptopVideo2Go driver section and is recommended for all graphics

cards and chipsets covered by this INF.

This driver is SLI compatible for non-nForce SLI chipsets such as the Intel 915/945/965 chipsets using the n100 PCIE

bridge chip.

Control Panel will require setting to "CUSTOM" and will require sections to be individually enabled to gain maximum

control over the graphics adapter.

nTune 6.02 is recommended for this driver release for additional Tweaking and Overclocking.

nHancer 2.4.1 is currently tested for maximizing the abilities of the SLI profiles, as well as unlocking a few extra

features.

The GeForce 174.76-STEREO driver may be used in conjunction with this driver for expanded capabilities for laptops with

video output supporting 3D Visualization Goggle Technology.

The Nvidia PhysX 8.09.04 driver may be used in conjunction with this driver and is recommended for chipsets

with integrated PhysX processing of various GeForce series cards.

This INF does NOT install the Nvidia HDMI HD-Audio driver. You will need to manually install this driver separately.

What's new:

Prior to install you MUST edit the INF at the following tweak (For TurboCashe users only):

HKR,, D3D_92521178, %REG_DWORD%, 0 ; Enable PCI Texture Memory Limit Size of XX MB*

If your card supports 128mb of RAM set the maximum size to 128mb. Do not attempt to set the maximum size to

256mb. You will run out of RAM if the system uses the extra RAM and it will cause instabilities with the system. Set this

tweak to match exactly the amount of memory you have allocated or have included with the graphics chip.

This setting does not effect users with Integrated chip-on-chip GPU systems or stand-alone GPU systems with

dedicated RAM. Users of these systems may leave this setting at "0" without issue.

Added several new product codes for Hardware and Subsys IDs.

Release Notes:

These drivers are the most up to date and should be compatible with all current listed graphics cards and chips

listed as supported in the INF. DO NOT ASK IF THIS IS THE BEST DRIVER!!! YOU WILL BE IGNORED!!!

Open the driver folder after extracting to your desktop and copy this INF to the driver folder overwriting the existing

INF and run the "SETUP.EXE" located inside. The driver will begin installation. You may be asked to verify if the

driver can be installed as it is a non-certified driver by Windows. Just click the "Install this driver" and the driver will

be installed.

I HIGHLY recommend you Disable or Turn Off the Windows Vista "User Access Control" system before attempting

installation of this driver. You can choose to re-enable it afterwards.

To Do:

Collect new releases from HP/Compaq for comparison against current chipsets for extra hardware and Subsystem ID

tags currently unknown and properly label existing chipsets.

Coming in next release:

I apologize for the infrequent updates, however it is due to the fact that Nvidia has been leaking many new drivers

lately to the public and I have not had enough time jumping between the latest sets to find the most up to date and

stable drivers for everyone to use.

Add in missing GPU labels currently unknown in the INF.

It appears VoodooPC is no longer supporting Nvidia graphics processors in their current line of Envy Laptops. They

instead have chosen to support Intel only graphics to adhere to the strict guild lines of the Centrino specification of the

Intel Corporation. Due to the fact many older units still support Nvidia graphics, support will continue for VoodooPC

products.

nv_disp.inf

Edited by whitetigerx7

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• zachthurston

• Evan186

• ®®®

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great. So all your other INFs can be moved to the archives?

Isn't it that nVHardPage has it's own website for ages?

Please, for the sake of honoring the original creators of this long existant tool, don't link to Guru3D (they only host and have nothing to do with it) but to http://nvhardpage.com

Also 165.01 is so outdated and this series will not be updated anymore. It's abandoned. It was a test.

An INF for a more recent driver with lots of bugfixes like the 163.xx or 157.xx series would be more useful :)

Actually I found out it's really the same code but the most recent releases are more optimized and have less debug code.

I reality the 163.xx drivers have the same code as the 165.01's but the code is cleaner, debugged so registers are now properly listed instead of merely numbered, and the speed and performance are more optimized.

I never knew they had a website. I always found it on Guru3D as most tools I've found are located there.

I'll look into the 163.xx series soon but for now I'm still going to recommend the 165.01s as I have found them very stable even if they are not fully optimized and carry more debug level code. I'll update when I can.

Driver updated to 163.71 from 165.01 and tested stable enough for daily usage.

Followed instructions.. Downloaded the 163.71 driver, extracted files and replaced with the .inf file attached by OP.

Ran setup.exe , allowed driver install, rebooted. Now when i attempt to run the Nvidia Control Panel it crashes.

I'm using a HP Pavilion DV9000 (intel). Video card is a 7200 .

Anything else worth trying? I've got jack s*** video control settings, especially color correction is the one I want the most. HP support was no help. And I tried a driver a month or so back allegedly meant to unlock all these controls aswell.

HP Pavilion DV9000 eh? The problem is which one?

» HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9000ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9000t CTO Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9000z CTO Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9001ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9001tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9001xx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9002ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9002tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9003ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9003tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9003xx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9004eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9004tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9005ca Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9005ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9005tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9005us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9006ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9006tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9007tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9008ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9008nr Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9008tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9009ca Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9009cl Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9009nr Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9009tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9009us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9010ca Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9010tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9010us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9011tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9012tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9013ca Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9013cl Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9013tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9014ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9014tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9015ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9015tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9016ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9016tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9017ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9017tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9018ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9018tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9019ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9019tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9020tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9021tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9022ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9022tx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9023us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9024ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9030ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9030us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9033cl Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9035ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9035nr Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9036ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9037ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9038ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9039ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9040ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9040eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9040us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9041ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9042ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9043ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9044ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9045ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9046ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9047ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9048ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9049ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9050ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9051ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9052ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9053ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9054ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9055ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9056ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9057ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9058ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9059ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9060ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9060us Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9061ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9062ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9063ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9064ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9065ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9066ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9067ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9068ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9069ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9071ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9072ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9073ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9074cl Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9074ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9075ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9075eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9075la Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9076ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9076eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9077ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9077eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9078ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9079ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9080ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9081ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9082ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9082eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9083ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9084ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9085ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9085eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9086ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9087ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9088ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9089ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9090ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9091ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9092ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9093ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9093eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9094ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9095ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9095eu Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9095xx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9096ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9096xx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9097ea Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9098xx Notebook PC

» HP Pavilion dv9099ea Notebook PC

You are going to have to be extremely specific with laptop model number and not just the series number.

If you have the original INF from HP in your "C:\SW_Setup" folder or have the link to the driver package from HP, I can see if the INF may need to be edited as you have a variant of the GeForce Go 7200 I do not have listed with a specific Subsys_ID not on the listing.

I am about to release the 163.75 drivers this weekend so if you want support in the INF I'm going to release, please get me the exact model of your laptop, the original INF, or the link to the HP software package you are using.

UNLESS YOU HAVE THESE I CAN NOT HELP YOU.

I apologize for any inconvenience but without detailed and proper information, I can't help you.

I have an HP Pavilion dv2312us Entertainment laptop, and I also have the same issues as above with the driver. I uninstalled and used Driver Sweeper on HP's NVIDIA drivers, then I installed the 163.71 drivers after replacing the inf with yours. When I tried to open the Control Panel after reboot, the program would crash. However, I'm not sure (the new) Control Panel was even installed.

When I added a line in the INF to set Flat Panel Scaling to fixed ratio since I couldn't get into the control panel, it worked, as StarCraft and WarCraft III both opened with black bars and correct ratio. However, Counter-Strike Source would fail to open, as it crashed upon double click. I'm fairly sure it failed to open without the Flat Panel Scaling line.

The driver also created a long, maybe 20 second black screen between the Welcome/login screen and the Windows desktop which was not there with the HP drivers.

I've attached the nvwh.inf file in the WinVista32 folder of the 2007-02-14 HP driver.

nv_disp.inf

Edited by neothe0ne

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to inf for 167.26... outstanding drivers, Overclock, and latest playability. (I have an HP as well as the Toshiba)

Testing on the 167.26 drivers will happen soon so expect an update in about a week or two.

Driver 169.04 in testing.

Found a Fog Table bug. Working on solution. Will have final results up by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks very much for all your effort man, I appreciate it very much!

My laptops hangs when energy saving kicks in and turns the monitor off. What's the best driver for GO 6150?

Just a oddity I've encountered, wondering if you could help, but first, amazing work, very muchly appreciated. Thanks for your efforts!

I'm using:

HP tx1222au (based off the tx1000)

Geforce 6150/nForce 430

Vista Ultimate

I've tried your .inf file with:

Each time with a clean uninstall, i.e. uninstall from control panel, clean out registry/files left in \windows, \windows\system32, and totally cleared out the vista's driver cache.

156.66 works fine.

169.01/169.04 both have a oddity that when I lock the computer, or when any windows security dialog pops up (think UAC dialog, or the control-alt-delete dialog), it forces a revert back to the basic display scheme. So, if I happen to be running aero, when the computer is locked, it happily switches to basic, taking 4-5 seconds to do so, and when I log-in, there is a black screen for another 10-12 seconds while it loads up aero. A look through the event viewer indicates that a application has called for desktop composition to be disabled, but does not indicate the calling application. And this does not happen in 156.66.

169.04 seems quite a bit snappier then the 156.66 line, so I wish to carry on using it, but the delay whenever a security dialog appears, and a further delay back to aero is getting quite out of hand. Any assistance is appreciated, thanks for your work in maintaining this inf!

169.01/169.04 both have a oddity that when I lock the computer, or when any windows security dialog pops up (think UAC dialog, or the control-alt-delete dialog), it forces a revert back to the basic display scheme. So, if I happen to be running aero, when the computer is locked, it happily switches to basic, taking 4-5 seconds to do so, and when I log-in, there is a black screen for another 10-12 seconds while it loads up aero. A look through the event viewer indicates that a application has called for desktop composition to be disabled, but does not indicate the calling application. And this does not happen in 156.66.

169.04 seems quite a bit snappier then the 156.66 line, so I wish to carry on using it, but the delay whenever a security dialog appears, and a further delay back to aero is getting quite out of hand. Any assistance is appreciated, thanks for your work in maintaining this inf!

Well the 169.04 drivers are not stable enough on my system. I am getting the hangs and a flashing screen when I resume from stand-by. I've had to fall back to the 163.69 WHQL Nvidia drivers for maximum stability. Everything else is too unstable, slows stuff down, or has bugs.

I am going to see if the option:

HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Has any effect on the 169.04s to stabilize them but until then revert back to 163.69 for maximum stability. Only use the 169.04 drivers if you absolutely have to.

169.04, 169.01, 163.69 all cause vista to revert back to the basic scheme once a security dialog pops up. 156.66 is still good :) maybe I should start try the 15x line.

Guest Equinoux

I just wanted to post here to say thank you. I just used the 169.01 drivers and your INF. Now my laptop is running MUCH better. I have a Compaq Presario V6120US with a GeForce Go 6150. Just an FYI to everyone, just follow his directions exactly and you'll have no problem!

I did confirm the lockup. I am going to repost the 163.69 driver soon as I've found it to be the most stable of all drivers out there.

Yeah your inf didn't work with 169.01 on my Pavilion dv6646us with the Geforce Go 7150M. The installer runs but then says no changes were made. I tried manually doing the "Have Disk" and I select the 7150M from the list but it says missing a file even though all of the files were with the inf. Then I just used the "Have Disk" on the original inf, set up the Geforce 7150/nforce 630i which is pretty damn similar to my Go 7150m/ nforce 630 and it worked like a charm. Doubled my benchmarked 3d graphics performance. Of course, just running setup.exe didn't work because the drivers are techincally not for my card.