LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.74 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guys done it using ATi Tools. Your problem could also be certain drivers.

Yeah, but which drivers do we need to overclock it? I've used RivaTuner for the supplied drivers (101.19 and 101.38), and both were overclockable, but I have 163.44 now and I can't overclock.

I get glitched, overlapping video with this version, and most 160.x versions on Vista 32-bit. Any ideas? Should I stick with earlier versions? The problem there is that Bioshock performance suffers.

After installing the new driver I can't get my resolution in widescreen as before.... I get some black strips on left and right side As if my screen doesnt get recognised as wide...

Got g2s with WUXGA screen if you can help me ...

Should I install older version ?

Thanks for posting this driver. It fixed a MAJOR problem I was having running BIOSHOCK. Each time I accessed the MAP using the M key, the game would lock up. This is now fixed. Version 163.44 did not solve this problem.

This driver also fixed a problem when Windows Vista would load - a few seconds later the screen would go black and then come back - almost like a reset. It also seemed to fix a problem when using nTUNE. Now the application specific custom rules actually work.

FYI - I've also installed the Nvidia recommended Vista update Patches.

This driver is running on a ASUS A8JS with Vista premium (32bit). I've only tested a few games, but so far so good.

I like this driver so far with my 8400M GS. I installed it about 4 or 5 hours ago and have had good improvements. My 3dmark06 score jumped up to 1596 over 1389 with 163.69 and 1254 with 101.43 (DELL driver). In Oblivion I had significant frame rate improvements up from about 20fps to 30-40fps out doors and 50-60fps indoors.

I give it a thumbs up :)

I won't recommend this driver over the 163.69 driver for laptop users who play guildwars.

After upgrading I noticed visible graphics glitches (flickering textures) and an increased amount of drivers crashes (screen goes black, few seconds later, vista reports recovering from an unresponsive driver) while playing guildwars.

This is on a Inspiron 1720 with a 8600M GT.

• 3 weeks later...

I see where [DEV_0402] NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT can use this driver but can NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT cards use this driver? I have an ASUS G2S Extreme notebook, what kind of modifacations are required to use this driver on my notebook. I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit version. ASUS Does not have amy of the new drivers for this on its web sight for dpwnloading. Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to render on this.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
I see where [DEV_0402] NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT can use this driver but can NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT cards use this driver? I have an ASUS G2S Extreme notebook, what kind of modifacations are required to use this driver on my notebook. I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit version. ASUS Does not have amy of the new drivers for this on its web sight for dpwnloading. Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to render on this.

Jim

Yes, the M after 8600 stands for "Mobile" and what this forum is for? Indeed, supporting laptops with drivers .. So it still support ur graka.

K, anyone know or those drivers are better then the .44 ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elfmoogle
I won't recommend this driver over the 163.69 driver for laptop users who play guildwars.

After upgrading I noticed visible graphics glitches (flickering textures) and an increased amount of drivers crashes (screen goes black, few seconds later, vista reports recovering from an unresponsive driver) while playing guildwars.

This is on a Inspiron 1720 with a 8600M GT.

I have this exact problem with guild wars and on the same computer with the same graphics card. My driver is an earlier version though, and I've been looking all over to try and find one that I could use to fix this. I found some posts here that said directx SDK files would fix it, but that didn't work. Some updated files from windows update that seemed related to the issue didn't work either. Dell tech support told me to uninstall the game because the graphics card couldn't handle it (rofl).

I just bought this comp and I'm so frustrated >:O