LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.75 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I've just discovered laptopvideo2go and am just posting to say thanks for all the great work you guys do here...I was stuck with my 4 month old dell drivers until now! I'm sure to keep checking for all the great updates on here and I've even learned a bit about how drivers work from you guys!

Thanks again - keep it up.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• alexnvidia

• GWolfman

• spaulr

Ive tried at least 7 times to install these drivers and they dont work..I dont know whats going on..I get the same message over and over..these drivers are for windows vista 32 bits..and thats what I have windows vista 32..it seems like the mod inf thing is not the right one..I do everything like it says on the guide.can anybody help me?

YEAH SAME HERE< CAN YOU PLEASE CREATE A DRIVER TO ALLOW LAPTOP GPU OVERCLOCKING PLEASE - rivatuner and others dont work and simply reset to default all the time when you hit apply overclock - something to do with power management on these laptops i think. I HAVE HP DV6543TX WITH A 8400M GS AND IT GOES REALLY GOOD WITH A BIT MORE MHZ ON THE GPU. ITS PERFORMANCE MODE RUNS AT 400MHZ, WHICH IS NOT GOOD, YET AT 450 OR 500 WHICH IS FINE FOR IT, IT RUNS 20 - 30% FASTER WITHOUT GETTING HOT AT ALL. STABLE AS. YET THATS ONLY WITH OLDER DRIVERS WHICH WERE IN NO WAY OPTIMIZED FOR NEWER GAMES. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Hi ppl,

Long time reader, first time poster...

Whats the go with no support of Go Series?

I have 7600 GO on my laptop, but the last drivers i seen that had support for Go Series was 163.74....

Any chance of adding ?

Thanks..

YEAH SAME HERE< CAN YOU PLEASE CREATE A DRIVER TO ALLOW LAPTOP GPU OVERCLOCKING PLEASE - rivatuner and others dont work and simply reset to default all the time when you hit apply overclock - something to do with power management on these laptops i think. I HAVE HP DV6543TX WITH A 8400M GS AND IT GOES REALLY GOOD WITH A BIT MORE MHZ ON THE GPU. ITS PERFORMANCE MODE RUNS AT 400MHZ, WHICH IS NOT GOOD, YET AT 450 OR 500 WHICH IS FINE FOR IT, IT RUNS 20 - 30% FASTER WITHOUT GETTING HOT AT ALL. STABLE AS. YET THATS ONLY WITH OLDER DRIVERS WHICH WERE IN NO WAY OPTIMIZED FOR NEWER GAMES. CAN ANYONE HELP?

stop complaining.pp here isnt doing it for a fees u know,just be patient and wait =="

Guest mrardiev

These drivers work great so far with my go7600, my games run smooth and the graphics are great,

I havent seen any improvment in benchmark scores, I am actually running 50 to 60 points less from the 158 series drivers. which was one of the last Nvidia WhQL Drivers that had supported the go7600 in the inf file, all the newer drivers I have modded the inf myself and have had no problems and now up to 163.75

Anyone need help with go 7600 drivers install let me know.

How did you get them to work?

I'm getting the error "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

EDIT: never mind, i keep forgetting to add the modified inf file to the setup directory, will be testing the new drivers now :)

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Hi all.I am interested in is such question.should I uninstall old driver before installation new one if i use h

ave disk method :) ?Or its fine to leave previous one ,to make roll back in cases problems.plz

Well tried these on my M1710 with a Go 7900GS... had nothing but problems. Out put to second monitor would not turn on after multiple reboot, disconnecting and reconnecting and adjusting the display properties. Second issue is the control panel would crash every time i tried to open it. This was after standard unistall, safe mode clean, install new driver routine..... Still yet to find a good driver past the dell 101.19.

First hand, let me say that I respect each and every one of you guys and gals who make this possible.

With that out of the way, here's my problem:

I can download the latest drivers. I can put them in the proper folders on my laptop, no problem.

The problem comes in, every time I go to update my drivers, my laptop gets screwy and the screen has lines running through it and then turns black.

After that, I have no choice but to use my Restore point to bring my laptop back to normal.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong?

HI all,

i got 4812 points in 3DMark 06, any other results?

Bioshock still runs good.

Is anyone with an 8600m GT running this driver? How does it perform?

Hey Guys

I am in need of some help. I just picked up a HP laptop with the MCP26 (7150) Videocard inside. Its resolution won't go past 1280X800 and i know the Display can handle 1600X1200, I've been trying different things mentioned by other users with my same problem but i just cannot get it to let me select a higher resolution then 1280X800. I Tried placing this line where it said to but it still never worked.

HKR,, RMDisableInst2Sys, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, RMCacheLoc, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,03,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,00,7F,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,4c,a3,55,32,00

,00,00,00,00,0d,01,03,80,1e,17,78,0a,ad,75,96,57,52,89,27,23,50,54,00,00,00,01,0

,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,48,3f,40,30,62,b0,32,40,40,80,6e,11,3

,e4,10,00,00,19,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,19,af,02,32,00,00,00,00,f

e

,00,4d,31,36,33,35,02,31,35,30,55,32,0a,20,00,00,00,fe,00,e6,d6,c0,a9,8a,67,43,0

,02,0a,20,20,20,00,38

HKR,, NV_Modes, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "{*}S 320x2

If you have a solution can you PM me or something. Thanks

i dont mean to be rude, but i dont understand what are the enhancements in inf v3.229 you are talking about, because hardware monitoring is still not there, GPU overclocking is still not possible, so what else is new? im using 163.75 with inf v3.229. thanks

HP Pavillion DV6000 model, Geforce Go 6150, installing this driver causes black screen, requiring system restore to resolve issue.

I had the same issue on Windows XP with my GeForce FX Go5700

Now it' ok, have a look here

i dont mean to be rude, but i dont understand what are the enhancements in inf v3.229 you are talking about, because hardware monitoring is still not there, GPU overclocking is still not possible, so what else is new? im using 163.75 with inf v3.229. thanks

Overclocking and hardware (i.e. temperature) monitoring is NOT possible with the newer 1xx.xx drivers without the use of nTune. Period. The enhancements that were made were to PowerMizer, and also a "clean up" as Pieter said.

This INF version has some enhancements to Powermizer and I tidied up the INF a little.

EDIT:

Oh, and most of Dell's videocard BIOSes are locked. Unless you flash the card with an unlocked BIOS, or flash the card with a higher clocked BIOS, you're not gonna be able to overclock.

Edited by GeForceTony

overclocking and temp monitoring are still not possible after installing ntune. and funny, how was forceware 158.45 able to overclock and give temp reading without ntune? as far as anyone can tell, 158.45 is classified under 1xx.xx driver. i dont know if my BIOS is locked or not, but i can overclock just fine under 158.45.

Edited by alexnvidia

I just did an absolute complete fresh install of 158.45, and I don't show ANY overclocking and temp monitoring in the Control Panel at all (without nTune).

After reinstalling 163.75 and nTune, its running just fine with 163.75 under Vista Home Premium and my overclocking and temp monitoring are there, everything works for me. The temperature monitoring seems a bit laggy, but I use I8kfanGUI for that, so it's not a big deal to me at all.

Thanks for the new inf file. Can you add powermizer options to this, or am I just not enabling them in the control panel?