LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.75 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest Alberto Ferreira

After install, black screen, but windows don't crashed because it restart (with keyboard) and can login (I ear the sound):

- HP 9575ep

- 9600m GS

I will try 163.69, since they are the oficial "un-beta" release from Nvidia.

I'm doinf this after format the laptop and just with updates from microsoft.

Windows Vista Premiun.

Sorry my english.

Alberto Ferreira

(Portugal)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• alexnvidia

• GWolfman

• FriedMad

I have the same problem as E. Brock. I would have to conclude that these drivers just are not compatible with the gefore go 6100/6150 chipset, no matter how much you modify the .inf file.

If there's anyway to get them to work on this chipset can you please let me know? If not what is the latest driver version that works properly with the 6100 chipset?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The problem comes in, every time I go to update my drivers, my laptop gets screwy and the screen has lines running through it and then turns black.
After install, black screen, but windows don't crashed because it restart (with keyboard) and can login (I ear the sound):

I have solved this problem for my GeForce FX Go5700 by deleting the line 947 in the modded INF :

HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl,[tab][/tab]  %REG_DWORD%,	1

This value seems to be wrong for some graphic cards... :)

Edited by Black Cat

Guest AkshayGenius

I don't understand how to install these drivers. I have an acer 5920g with 8600 gt, I downloaded the driver and the modded inf to one directory. Where am I supposed to extract these files? I know this may sound noobish but, where do I extract the files? And could you please tell me whether this is the best driver available for 5920g? It doesn't seem like 167.26 is stable, so I'm trying this out.

Thanx,

Akshay

Guest AkshayGenius

Okay, screw me. I just acted plain stupid. Sorry about that. I got it installed using the modded INF, and haven't really noticed much of a difference. But, when I go to the nVidia contol panel, and see my system properties, it says I have forceware version 101.9, but i just installed 163.75, and restarted it, shouldn't it be showing 163.75? Any body knows what could be causing this?

Thanx,

Akshay

Hmm still the old inf?

Also download of the driver skips on on me after 533kb each and every time.

; Pieter's INF version 3.232

; http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

; NVIDIA Windows Vista Display INF file

; Copyright © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[Version]

Signature = "$Windows NT$"

Provider = %NVIDIA%

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Class = Display

CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT

DriverVer = 10/04/2007, 7.15.11.6375

I just attempted to upgrade from v163.74 to v163.75 for the Timeshift demo. After doing this, v5.05 of ntune now always reports 199Mhz for GPU and bus speeds. Previously, with version 163.74 it was 400Mhz for GPU and 350? Mhz for memory. Attempting to overclock the "stock" setting completely hoses ntune.

I've since un-installed ntune and driver v75. Re-installed driver v74 and then re-installed ntune. For some reason now I can't get ntune over/underclocking to work properly with v74.

I own an Asus A8js with a go7700.

Any ideas?

Edited by spaulr

Just found out that timeshift demo installed DX10 without my consent. Bioshock runs like s!@T now. Attempting to roll back to 9.0c.

MASSIVE PERFORMANCE BOOST FOR MY 8600MGT at least coming from 165.01. Only found one problem: There is something wrong with the drivers when it comes to powersaving on either the cards clock speeds or the PCI-E bus speed. Even with my laptop plugged into the wall, powersave mode is activated uncontrollably, even if High Performance is selected for your power options. When laptop battery is at 97%+ or is fully charged and plugged in, performance from the card returns after a reboot. I also get the performance back by driver reinstallation. It is a pain in the arse obviously to keep reinstalling.

Games Tested With These Drivers:

Counter-Strike Source: 1280 x 760 (16:10) with 2x AA, 2x AF, High Detail Settings, No HDR.

FPS ~ 70-135 (On average, usually over a hundred on all maps)

World of Warcraft: 1650 x 1080 (16:10) with 2x AA (24-Bit Depth, 24-Bit Color 2x Multisampling), Half of the Antisoptric Filtering (2x?), High Detail, Half Terrain Distance, VSYNC On

FPS ~ 40-65 (On average, usually about 45 FPS even with Weather Settings maxed and Full Screen Glow activated.)

For those wanting to overclock or underclock your GPU, officially (as far as I have found on my ASUS) nTune and Rivatuner can read the 8600M GT that has 128/256 MB DDR3 Embedded. I can overclock mine for a fact. You can get the very latest in overclocking tools at Guru3d.com

Heads Up: This is the actual base speeds for both GT and GS. The GT HAS LOWER speeds than the GS. Does not mean a performance gain from the GS though, infact the GS doesn't overlock well without overheating. I have overclocked the GT to roughly 550 / 775 but I do tend to get worried about the excess heat involved and the fan sounds like it starts to struggle so I normally turn it back down to default settings.

8600M GT Core Speed: 475-500 MHz / 700-725 MHz Memory (x2 since its dual channel.)

8600M GS Core Speed: 525-575 / 650-750 MHz Memory (x2 since its dual channel.)

Just found out that timeshift demo installed DX10 without my consent. Bioshock runs like s!@T now. Attempting to roll back to 9.0c.

vista comes with DX10 built-in

BTW, has anyone tried UT3demo with this driver? It boosts UT3demo performance quite a lot but I encountered some occasional soft lock up just wonder if that was my system only.

"vista comes with DX10 built-in"

Thanks, I found that out later last night. However, I've narrowed my problems down to the timeshift demo. It DID update something in Direct X. Bioshock is now unplayable with ver 44, 74, 75 drivers. It is so laggy that it's a joke. nTune monitor ALWAYS shows 199mhz for core and memory speeds. I used to be able to run Bioshock with all bioshock settings at high, vsync off. No problem.

PS- I did a system restore prior to the timeshift demo install. This didn't work either. I've rolled back to the original drivers that the a8js came with. No dice.

Anyone have an idea on WTF happened - or better yet how to get things working again?

Do these drivers have the "running on battery corruption" for the Dell m1710 7950 GTX? or has that been fixed?

I cannot play HD movies using Power DVD with these drivers. I get the following:

pdvderrorsg8.jpg

Any ideas?

I just want to say: thanks for these graphic's drivers!

:)

Going to check them now!

Greetings

Anyone getting PowerDVD errors with these drivers?

i have geforce 8600M GT and 163.75 installed with modded inf but still not woks with "rainbow six: lockdown". After half hour the game crashes for nvlddmkm driver problem... help me!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there :)

I use these drivers and I have been getting crashes with Oblivion while Age of Mythology causes a BSOD as soon as the animations start.

Did anyone manage to play AOM or Oblivion with these drivers?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using Vista 32-bit able to get these drivers working on their dv6000 notebook with GeForce Go 6150? Even with the solution Black Cat gave? I mean that solution might work on XP but maybe not on Vista. From the drivers I've tested out, none of the 163.XX drivers work on the dv6000 notebook running Vista 32-bit and the best drivers for the dv6000 IMO go all the way down to 158.XX.

Edit: Nvm. I tried it. Didn't work. I'm back to 158.45. They look the be the more stable than any newer than it and give me better performance than any of the drivers before them.

Edited by manu08

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Guest

Hi, all of this worked, however, Windows is rejecting it. It is giving me this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

everything worked and the driver was updated. Anybody know what the problem is? I got a GeForce2 MX 100/200