LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for a geforce go 6800

happyloaf

Hello,

I need help picking a good driver for a Geforce go 6800. I have no clue what drivers to use. The old dell driver I have is almost a year and a half old!!! Any recommendations? I want it to work well with GTR 2 and Race 07.

Hello,

I need help picking a good driver for a Geforce go 6800. I have no clue what drivers to use. The old dell driver I have is almost a year and a half old!!! Any recommendations? I want it to work well with GTR 2 and Race 07.

I too am interested in this question.

I am running:

Dell Inspiron 9300

2.0 Ghz Pentium M

2GB Ram (Crucial)

GeForce 6800 Go

I am trying to prioritize gaming... HL: 2 (Etc.)

I'd try 163.69, but I haven't heard anything on how well it works with 6xxx series cards.

Doesn't matter, grab the Vista version of the driver.

Great, thanks for the tip!

I'm running the most recent Dell driver (84.30), tweaked with nvTweak to allow overclocking, which is so far the best I've found for stability at factory clocks and gaming with overclocking once you find the optimal freq's for your particular card. I've tried the newer drivers, but unfortunately they seem slower, or the nvidia control panel doesn't work for the 9300/6800Go config for some reason. There's a 84.69 release on here that works without a modded .inf, though I didn't see any improvement over 84.30, the only difference was it lacked the GPU temps in the CP. I'm hoping eventually theres a 16x.xx + driver that is ideal for our lappies.

I'm running the most recent Dell driver (84.30), tweaked with nvTweak to allow overclocking, which is so far the best I've found for stability at factory clocks and gaming with overclocking once you find the optimal freq's for your particular card. I've tried the newer drivers, but unfortunately they seem slower, or the nvidia control panel doesn't work for the 9300/6800Go config for some reason. There's a 84.69 release on here that works without a modded .inf, though I didn't see any improvement over 84.30, the only difference was it lacked the GPU temps in the CP. I'm hoping eventually theres a 16x.xx + driver that is ideal for our lappies.

Yeah I just tried the latest Vista Drivers that were suggested earlier in this thread, but they clocked out slower in 3DMark '06....

Edited by LoPHaT

• 1 month later...
Yeah I just tried the latest Vista Drivers that were suggested earlier in this thread, but they clocked out slower in 3DMark '06....

Has anyone tested one of them 16x.xx drivers on a 6800go yet ... i'm desperate for a new driver since timeshift is bugging me off by telling me i would have to get the lastest and crashed when i'm trying to change the graphic settings :)

Yes, but on XP.

Which one of the 16x.xx series did you try on xp. Im running xp too. Im not at my notebook right now but i think im running the 94.55 at the moment.

OC works fine and most games like cod4 etc. temperature stays very low as well.

I'm so pxxsed of with nvidia that they stopped supporting the 6xxx go series.

Anyway ... if anyone can recommend a speedy driver im up for testing it :)

am i the only one with issues on installing the drivers? i have the same setup. dell 9300 with nvidia geforce go 6800. i tried installing 163.75 driver and i always get "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. "

it's driving me crazy.

here is my driver info under the properties.

Driver Date: 11/30/2004

Driver Version: 6.7.7.1

am i the only one with issues on installing the drivers? i have the same setup. dell 9300 with nvidia geforce go 6800. i tried installing 163.75 driver and i always get "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. "

it's driving me crazy.

here is my driver info under the properties.

Driver Date: 11/30/2004

Driver Version: 6.7.7.1

after you have downloaded the driver package and unzipped it then u have to override the original inf with the one provided from nvision.

next to the button where you can download the driver there is another button saying "modded inf"

Driver | Modded INF | INF Enhancer | Quickstart Guide

Here is your link to the modded 163.75 inf

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/160seri...75/nv4_disp.inf

enjoy

I just updated to 163.76 but now i don't seem to have any mouse or keyboard control under timeshift :) im gonna try one of the 169.xx to see what happens.

Any recommendations from a 6800go user ??

@zipper: thx for all the test results... great job !!! :)