LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.26 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Tried these out on Vista, my notebook really doesn't like these drivers. To the point I'm afraid my notebooks gonna blow up. Funky graphics, Turbo Gear going nuts, Aero truning on and off and finally lock up with fans at full speed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anchel

• mobilenvidia

• RooL

• figo-deluxe

This driver works great on my laptop. The Fifa slow menu problem is finally solved(previously using 163.74). Besides there's no problem waking up from sleep state. And Gaming Graphics of my WEI goes up 0.1 to 4.2(ya.. I know it's useless :) ) Anyway, nice work!

Edited by niGht kiD

Driver was okay for me, though i think Bioshock went down slower a little..

Have the 64bit version of these drivers been released? You planning on getting them up also?

Cheers

Flunders

i just installed vista and powermizer is working

powermizerik6.jpg

jebus, how hot is your laptop running when under load?

Mines at 40C stable when not doing much except surfing and monitoring

Guest EliteKill3r

I have a question. Ihave installed the 163.75 driver. Now if i want to install these driver do i need to delete the 163.75 driver first or can i just install this one? Because last time i deleted my driver i had a black screen and i had to do format again :-)

Grtz EliteKill3r

In Vista you don't need to uninstall before installing the next set. Just run install normally, nvidia should take care of the rest.

Fantastic drivers.. Every games i have runs VERY better than before.. UT3demo give almost double FPS than with previous drivers at an higher resolution! (before 163.75 at 1024 at highest settings didn't run very well.. now at 1280 all maxed out, runs smoothly, better than with the olds drivers!) .. Same for NfS Carbon.. And overclock can be enabled..

Thanks Nvidia :)

jebus, how hot is your laptop running when under load?

Mines at 40C stable when not doing much except surfing and monitoring

for a asus G1s that's normal, with overclock it will go till 90º but before you say anything , 90º is just fine. the gpu driver protection is 110º, i lowered it , so it's 105 because of the overclock. one thing is 110 stock another is with overclock. don't forget it's a 15,4 laptop , not a 17 like yours :) anyway you are heat fobic LOOL :) i'm not hihihihi

Guest AkshayGenius

Hi guyz, I have a 8600gt (256mb, 1 gb turbo cache) nvidia graphics card on my acer 5920g. Currently, I have 163.75 drivers and they work pretty smoothly. UT3 runs on full settings smoothly. But, I don't think that will be the case with games like crysis. When I checked my system to work with games like bioshock, crysis, timeshift, etc, from the site - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest): - it passed the minimum requirements but in the recomended it failed due to the less memory on it, 256 mb. The recomended is either 512 or 640. I have never overclocked before, but does overclocking mean I can increase the memory? What effect does overclocking really have? Is it dangerous? Do i need special software for it? Do you think I will be able to run crysis and bioshock nicely after overclocking?

Look forward to some answers, I know, lots of questions, but Im new at this, I'd rather ask first than screw my computer up and then ask.

Thanx,

Akshay

Overclocking won't increase memory :)

Overclocking will speed up your Video performance at a cost of more heat.

I've been running Timeshift OK with my go7900GS not overclocked, overclocking does allow me to run it in higher detail mode smoothly.

But it does make the laptop rather warm on my lap

Fantastic drivers.. Every games i have runs VERY better than before.. UT3demo give almost double FPS than with previous drivers at an higher resolution! (before 163.75 at 1024 at highest settings didn't run very well.. now at 1280 all maxed out, runs smoothly, better than with the olds drivers!) .. Same for NfS Carbon.. And overclock can be enabled..

Thanks Nvidia :)

what do you meen by can be overclocked.. i have tried this one. my games aint crap but they arnt good.. i think i have same computor as you....

I have updated my HP/Compaq INF to match this in the Custom INF page. Driver is stable enough for daily usage. Please enjoy.

Guest mikaelbondum@gmail.com
Did you replace the nv_disp.inf by the modded file before install ? (cf top of the first page)

Didnt in the first time. Now i installed and i worked good for about 20 minutes into the game (FIFA08). Then the slowmotions came back in the game, not in he menus.

What to do?

• 8 months later...

are these better than the desktop drivers with modded infs?

whats the latest laptop driver?