i am getting error message while trying to start Call of Duty 4

----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound

----- R_Init -----

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...

Pixel shader version is 3.0

Vertex shader version is 3.0

Shader model 2.0 code path is available.

Shader model 3.0 code path is available.

Using Shader model 3.0 code path because it is the best available path on this hardware.

Attempting 800 x 600 fullscreen with 32 bpp at 60 hz

Game window successfully created.

Using 2x anti-aliasing

Creating Direct3D device...

Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec. Using sum: 0

Loading fastfile code_post_gfx

Loading fastfile ui

Loading fastfile common

Initializing render targets...

Requested frame buffer to be 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha

DirectX returned a frame buffer that is 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha

Error during initialization:

Create2DTexture( $floatz, 800, 600, 0, 114 ) failed: 8876086c = Invalid call

Let me know if there's a fix for it

Thanks.

Please, can anyone here tell me if they managed to O/C these drivers,

without flashing the BIOS and using USB sticks etc. to port their previous setting over from older drivers.

I find that 169.04 is the latest O/C 'able drivers on this site.

Rivatuner v2.06, tells me it has not been tested with the newer drivers i have tried.

I have an Acer Aspire 5920g with an 8600m GS 512mb - running 169.04

Thanks in advance!

Hi , I think the driver 169.28 are still the best for 8600M GT 256 Mo GDDR3

With my G1S laptop with optimal setting for best performances without any overcloks ! I have scored 4185 points to 3DMark 06 and I did over 5000 with my G1S when I overcloked the 8600M GT.

however my 8600M GT seems to don't have the right clocks at defaults clock, indeed even when 475 Mhz is set for the GPU I have for real 513 Mhz and for the shaders 1026 Mhz instead of 950 Mhz but the memory frequency is normal 702 Mhz

Is there anyone who has the same clocks when set to default ??

Guest SuzuKubeGest
Download Driver link doesnt work.

:) C'est vrai le lien ne marche plus.... It seems the dowload link is correct, but the drivers... not... it doesn't start to download :)

Guest nightyume

Hi, thanks for the up. Unfortunately the link isn't working for me either (and actually none of the other driver links seem to work, they just redirect me to the home page...). Hope it gets sorted out soon =)

• 3 weeks later...

i'm having some trouble with halo 2 since i downloaded this driver. it fixed all the graphical errors, (i was running Ver. 101 which came with my G1S-X1) theres no prob with any of my other games, butjust with halo 2. whenever there is movement there is a slight delay (its not the fps i think) its like...i guess looks like its warping idk how to describe it, and i tried all the game options. are there any nvidia settings that i should have set a certain way??

GFX glitch on ur main dude in gears of war. Like a straight line through his head.

I Just installed Vista on my Asus F3T w/ 7600Go 256M. Aquamark3 = 48409, 3DM06 = 2119, but there were some weird things happening on the scene while running 3DM06 and when tried to run N4SPS, the cars were normal, but the scenario, the same problems found on 3DM06... Gona try now 167.55..........

Edited by Leo_Brazil

:) I am new to this, and planning to install this in my HP dv6500t

Can anyone confirm if this works properly with 128MB NV 8400M GS and can be overclocked with RivaTuner 2.06?

P.S: Also can you give me the best possible core and memory clock speeds for overclocking this video card... :)

Edited by vizor

• 2 weeks later...

Will this driver work with an HP 9700T with an 512 8600M GS in it?

The HD IDs:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_0300

I didn't see the above listed in the HD ID list for the driver thread.

Just installed these bad boys and bumped my highest 3dmark06 score from 3743 on standard asus drivers to these with 3956. Now I may try ocing a little maybe like 500/800, but not sure.

OC bumped another 200 or so at like 500/750.

It seems that these drivers go to screen saver but not sleep, anyone else experiencing this.

Asus G2S

Edited by gengerald

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded V167.58 for my HP laptop. Working good. When I link my computer to my tv it's also working.

But I don't know how to resize the position of my screen on the TV.

I also have tried programs like tvtools but the resize option does not work for my graphic card.

Anu ideas?

• 1 month later...
167.58 compared to 167.49

i seem to get much smoother frame rate in unreal tournament 2007. only modest overclock in ntune: 510/512 MHz for my 8400M GS

Hi everybody.. I do not understand how can I overclock my 8400M GS if I download ntune software and when I am trying to overclock all settings are reseting.. I don't understand, maybe someone could help me?

167.58 compared to 167.49

i seem to get much smoother frame rate in unreal tournament 2007. only modest overclock in ntune: 510/512 MHz for my 8400M GS

Hi everybody, can not understand why I can not overclock my 8400M GS. The setting made by ntune are resseting. My be I doing something wrong? If some one can help my, wright to sezrinijo@inbox.lt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vegeta SSJ4
i'm having some trouble with halo 2 since i downloaded this driver. it fixed all the graphical errors, (i was running Ver. 101 which came with my G1S-X1) theres no prob with any of my other games, butjust with halo 2. whenever there is movement there is a slight delay (its not the fps i think) its like...i guess looks like its warping idk how to describe it, and i tried all the game options. are there any nvidia settings that i should have set a certain way??

Hi, I have exactly the same machine (ASUS G1S-X1) and I'm having the very same problem with Halo 2. I've tried lots of different drivers from this site and others with no luck. The game is playable with the stock driver but some textures are messed up and I can't play Gears of War. I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate SP1 and I'm going to try some other drivers again, have you found a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't work well on GeForce GO 6100 (Compaq Presario F500): Secure Desktops (dark screens of UAC) last 3 seconds of black blank screen. So boring... :)

v156.87 are still the best for this gfx board.

Hi, I have HP dv2313cl with GeForce Go 6150. This driver also doesn't work well. I have the same problem with UAC. Can anyone solve this problem?

Now I had to rollback to version 7.15.10.9815 (98.15) with digital signer of Microsoft.

UPDATE: The install will work if you do the uninstall and install in SAFE MODE.

Hope this helps others.

This is the final driver on this site I've tried with my Toshiba X205-S9359. Toshiba has NEVER updated their video driver for this computer, and it's almost a year old (the version number for the OEM driver is 101.68!!! Seriously!!). And of course the drivers from NVIDIAs site wouldn't instal. So I came here and tried several drivers, using the "setup" and the "have disk" method.

However, none of the drivers have worked. I always get an "access is denied" message right at the end of the installation:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT

Access is denied."

Seems like those bastards at Toshiba have really locked me out of updating my driver, which really pisses me off. I've called and complained about them not updating the driver but frankly, I don't think they give a damn. (It also won't install Vista SP1 for some reason, which they also could care less about. I think I've bought my last Toshiba.)

Anyway, enough of my bitching. Anyone have any ideas how I might still be able to update the driver?

Edited by Manji88

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex_gr

I have an HP dv9500 with 8600m gs and these drivers didn't work for me...once i installed it the aero style turned to basic and the nvidia control panel changed...can anybody tell me what might be wrong? thnx

• 3 weeks later...

im currently using Compaq Presario V3828AU with Amd Tl-60, geforce7150/630M n running on vista home premium 32bit. I upgrade it to 3GB ram( 2Gb + 1 GB ram) and it runs terribly laggy when i m using windows aero feature. Even playing fifa 08, it will lag after a while.. Do i need to downgrade it to xp to enjoy it bcoz now im suffering in using vista.. so laggy, even my the other laptop with Core2Duo n GMA X3100 run much more better... PLZ HELP...