LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please, Please Help (Geforce 420 Go 16m)

kurney

Hey all, Ive got a sat pro 6100 with a Geforce 420 Go 16m and cant find any new drivers whatsoever. I really would like someone to help me with this one, because I want to play CS:S on my laptop. Thanks in advance

Kurney

Welcome to the forum kurney.

I would recommend that you study the pinned postings we offer in the FAQ/Drivers section. There you will find all the help you need in handling the replacement of your current video drivers. As you may have noticed, we can & will not recommend specific drivers for specific makes or models. Such a choice must remain in the hands of the individual user. We try to provide the background information to provide the user with a basis for a suite of choices, and a means to report back success and the experienced results so that other forum users may profit.

It might be a good idea for you to begin directly with the recommendations in the Community Led Driver Recommendations-GeForce2 Go and GeForce4 4xx Go Series thread.

Happy hunting!

Darmdorf

Thank you for your help, mate. I did earlier today visit the v45.81, v45.84, v45.86, v45.91 XP 32bit - nVision thread. I read the instructions about installing from the have disk method, what puzzled me the first time I D/Led the drivers was that there was no setup.exe. I used the instructions and sucsessfully installed the 45.91 drivers. My laptop is now running the source engine quite well at an average of 30fps a second. Thanks very much

Kurney

Great kurney! Hope you're able to enjoy your CS:S to the fullest. Spread the word -- this is where you find Nvidia help. :)

Thanks for reposting your results too!