LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

This is not the first page, but the development of this particular effort has been discontinued. It proved to be too hard of a task to maintain all of the different configuration files for various codecs. I recommend that you use mobilenvidia's modded Sigmatel/IDT INF instead. If you use Windows XP and you still need mine, you can download it here.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BruceH

You are one hell of a good sport, Michael! I cannot believe that you did all this work while going to school. (Wish I had that much energy. :) )

All the best to you,

Bruce

Yes, it is still proving very hard to get all the different IDT/Sigmatel devices to work with one INI.

It may never happen.

I did some work on Sigmatel mods a few years back and have revived that elsewhere.

The INI mod looks like the way to go, now I know how it works, but getting it to work for all is a nightmare.

But at least my machine has works and looks/sounds great :)

And yes a big thanks to Micheal for his efforts, we all here do this in our spare time.

Will need to combine knowledge on this project to make it for all and sundry.

IDT make a very good driver just very hard to get the most out of it.

• 4 months later...

Please help me...

currently have the following drivers installed

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R171786&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1720&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=235779

My system is:

DELL Inspiron 1720

Windows Vista 32 bit

Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 7.1.4.2 Manufacturer SigmaTel 7.1.4.3 PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F2&REV_1002\4&23AD9263&0

Help me please get the IDT driver to work...step by step will be appreciated and Im lost in the forum

thanks a lot in advance

Please help me...

currently have the following drivers installed

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R171786&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1720&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=235779

My system is:

DELL Inspiron 1720

Windows Vista 32 bit

Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 7.1.4.2 Manufacturer SigmaTel 7.1.4.3 PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F2&REV_1002\4&23AD9263&0

Help me please get the IDT driver to work...step by step will be appreciated and Im lost in the forum

thanks a lot in advance

anyone with suggestions? anyone with a 1720 dell vista 32bit that has stereo mix? please help

• 1 month later...
Guest Drumwayster

If you tell me the exact error produced and the device and subsystem IDs of your sound card, I can fix the INF. Thanks for trying it out.

Hi Michael, don't know if this thread's still open but I wanted to ask if your download will work for a Sigmatel STAC9271D chip on an Intel DG33TL desktop board. I am a newbie so please forgive my ignorance. I am running XP Pro SP3.

Thx

Hi Michael, don't know if this thread's still open but I wanted to ask if your download will work for a Sigmatel STAC9271D chip on an Intel DG33TL desktop board. I am a newbie so please forgive my ignorance. I am running XP Pro SP3.

Thx

Sorry, but this project is pretty much dead. IDT significantly changed how their drivers are put together, which would have made it an extreme amount of work to continue the project. Also, I no longer use Windows (Linux, not mac) so I don't have a computer to test it on. This particular driver never supported the Intel boards. Intel is pretty good at keeping the driver up to date though, so maybe you should check that out.

Guest Drumwayster

Sorry, but this project is pretty much dead. IDT significantly changed how their drivers are put together, which would have made it an extreme amount of work to continue the project. Also, I no longer use Windows (Linux, not mac) so I don't have a computer to test it on. This particular driver never supported the Intel boards. Intel is pretty good at keeping the driver up to date though, so maybe you should check that out.

No probs Michael. Maybe it's time for me to take that Linux plunge now :)

Overview:

Have you ever wanted/needed to update the SigmaTel/IDT audio chipset drivers on your PC? Neither SigmaTel nor IDT distributes a generic driver for these devices, so users must rely on the OEM to update drivers. And the truth is, this happens only rarely. Therefore, I have created a modded INF for the SigmaTel driver, which will allow for the latest version released by any OEM to be installed on any system with a SigmaTel codec. It supports Windows XP and Vista in both the 32 and 64 bit variants. However, right now only Dell laptops are supported. In the next few weeks, I will add support for all other SigmaTel audio devices which I can find. Note that I do not by any means own all of these devices, and therefore I cannot test them. Therefore, I must count on feedback from users in order to fix whatever problems may occur in the INF. To install the drivers, download the file, extract the contents to a folder on your hard disk, and run setup.exe.

Note: This INF is beta, and therefore may or may not work. Later drivers are available than the one on this link, but I have currently been unable to get those to work.

DOWNLOAD

I was curious if you still reed this forum. As I try to fix the audio on a HP DV7-1299ed laptop, I used your modded driver version with 75% success.

If so, are you willing to explain something basicly about the ini-files? Where to find or to look for specific rules?

My machine has audio and all the LED's are white, but I would like the speaker LED to be red if I mute and the word Mute on the screen. The same counts for the volume. The green bar/stripes now stays the same thickness as it has to be thicker by increasing volume.

regards, Henk

I was curious if you still reed this forum. As I try to fix the audio on a HP DV7-1299ed laptop, I used your modded driver version with 75% success.

If so, are you willing to explain something basicly about the ini-files? Where to find or to look for specific rules?

My machine has audio and all the LED's are white, but I would like the speaker LED to be red if I mute and the word Mute on the screen. The same counts for the volume. The green bar/stripes now stays the same thickness as it has to be thicker by increasing volume.

regards, Henk

This project, I am sorry to say, is quite dead. I found myself unable to continue the project because IDT changed the INI format significantly, and I was unable to port the old INI files to the new format. Besides, I no longer use Windows (Linux, not mac.) I can tell you that the problem you see here is hardware-specific and in fact is probably not even handled by the sound driver. If it is, then it is some proprietary addition to the driver by HP, so I can't really help you there.

This project, I am sorry to say, is quite dead. I found myself unable to continue the project because IDT changed the INI format significantly, and I was unable to port the old INI files to the new format. Besides, I no longer use Windows (Linux, not mac.) I can tell you that the problem you see here is hardware-specific and in fact is probably not even handled by the sound driver. If it is, then it is some proprietary addition to the driver by HP, so I can't really help you there.

Thanx for the answer. I respect your point of view and understand that you will not spend any time to this subject. There fore I'm only curious where to look in the ini-files. Maybe you will hand some notes / remarks about this matter? I tried several drivers. But at the moment I copied your ini-files in the setup, it did something. So my guess is that I can probably give it a try.

Regards, Henk

I respect your answer and I'm not asking to spend any time to this matter. Only a copy of your "manual" our a clou where to look in the ini-files would make me happy. With all the various drivers I tried, only with your ini-files copied in the setup something happened.

Regards, Henk

Have a look in the other modded IDT thread.

You will need to read it very carefully and you will need to modify the INI manually.

I've made a start and modded the INF this should need no more work.

But the INI will need your OEM specific settings added (replacing the i9400 that I made the INI for)

It's all a heap of trial and error, some have succeeded with other Notebooks.

Good luck, took me weeks to work out the i9400 settings :)

Have a look in the other modded IDT thread.

You will need to read it very carefully and you will need to modify the INI manually.

I've made a start and modded the INF this should need no more work.

But the INI will need your OEM specific settings added (replacing the i9400 that I made the INI for)

It's all a heap of trial and error, some have succeeded with other Notebooks.

Good luck, took me weeks to work out the i9400 settings :)

Thanx, I wasn't aware of this other tread but will have a look at it.

• 11 months later...

I have no icon in Control Panel

the driver of the first post I

Can anything be done

thanks in advance!!!

This project is dead. You really shouldn't be using it anymore. Try Pieter's INF instead.

Even I don't bother with IDT much these days, nothing new has been added for an eternity or even changed.

Nothing to look forward to.

Hi, Michael,I'm dell inspiron 1520 ---HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F1&REV_1

in my driver from the first post, I go uniquely well

sound is perfect, just do not have an icon in panel kontol

I have a huge request, to finish this project

regards!!!

Hi, Michael,I'm dell inspiron 1520 ---HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F1&REV_1

in my driver from the first post, I go uniquely well

sound is perfect, just do not have an icon in panel kontol

I have a huge request, to finish this project

regards!!!

I'm sorry, but I really can't do that. The amount of work it would take to update all the .ini files to the new format is extremely high. Additionally, I would not be able to test the driver without having each of the laptops I was trying to support. I recommend that you follow Pieter's (mobilenvidia) instructions on how to transplant the [Pins] section of your .ini into his generic .ini, which can then be used with later drivers.

Also, if you installed 64-bit Windows 7 on your laptop, I could provide you with the same driver I am using for my laptop.

I'm sorry, but I really can't do that. The amount of work it would take to update all the .ini files to the new format is extremely high. Additionally, I would not be able to test the driver without having each of the laptops I was trying to support. I recommend that you follow Pieter's (mobilenvidia) instructions on how to transplant the [Pins] section of your .ini into his generic .ini, which can then be used with later drivers.

Also, if you installed 64-bit Windows 7 on your laptop, I could provide you with the same driver I am using for my laptop.

thank you very much though

If you are not a problem, you can provide me with drivers, but I'm windows 7 ultimate 32bit

thank you again for your help

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

thank you very much though

If you are not a problem, you can provide me with drivers, but I'm windows 7 ultimate 32bit

thank you again for your help

The modded drivers are compatible with 32-bit now. I posted that message before I had developed this set of modded drivers, when I only maintained a set of drivers for my own computer.