LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.79 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

You meant 132...

I reinstalled and well, it worked! Well, I'm having pretty many (= 4) restore points with different versions of 177.79 :)

Yes as Pawel said 177.79 has 133 not 132.

So does 132 work for you ?

Or did you use 133 ?

Or both ? :P

Must start a diagnosis thread somewhere else :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Covert

• zipper

• P.J

Yes as Pawel said 177.79 has 133 not 132.

So does 132 work for you ?

Or did you use 133 ?

Must start a diagnosis thread somewhere else :)

Used 132 and CP works.

does this driver work on vostro 1500 ? my video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT ( win vista 32)

Edited by se7en_boy

Guest Maggus

I`m getting bluescreen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE during shutdown and surfing.

I think its caused by this Driver. Somebody with the same Problem?

I have a Acer 5920G and a Geforce 8600GT..

I installed these yesterday, and to my surprise, I actually got ~30 points lower in 3DMark06. I don't know why. I reverted back to 177.73 and all is well again.

Also, first post! I've been following these forums for a while now, and finally decided to join. :)

this driver does not work on my laptop.please help me.i need to last version my driver.thank you

Guest Guest
I figured out why! these drivers are massively hampering things because they do some major powermizer crap when you get above a certain temperature.

follow this tutorial: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

It fixed all my aero lag problems and games are more responsive.

That didnt stop the lag but im sure it will help boost other games too.

Guest Sniper

I cant install this driver when I install in it says that the driver havent been modiffied and I also try have disc method but that didnt work out its also says that windows has encounted a problem while installing the drive. what should I do now ?

I think for me in game 177.73 are better than this. This some time cause lag when there are flash in the game

Guest _Here
I cant install this driver when I install in it says that the driver havent been modiffied and I also try have disc method but that didnt work out its also says that windows has encounted a problem while installing the drive. what should I do now ?

Well, did you first replace the modded .inf into the extracted folder before trying to run the setup? :)

Also make sure you have the International driver or our driver as english only driver won't work with the modded INF

Is physx enabled or not on the 8600m ?

not yet

Guest Sniper

I have this site's files and I have merged the modded inf with it (i put the modded inf in the extracted folder named as "177.79_vista")

thanks for replying me ^.^

Guest greenie

I'm having a problem installing this driver. I've got an 8400M GT chipset in my laptop and when I go to install the drivers (using the ones from the site and the modded inf) I get the "the system has not been modified" error.

I've tried installing a few older drivers from this site as well but none of them seem to work. I've uninstalled my old drivers (using the Device Manager) and rebooted but is there something else I can try to make the installation work?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest victoryo

Hello,

I downloaded the 177.79 drivers and put the modified INF in it.

I installed it and all went fine. It also works! :)

But i was wondering about my 3DMark06 score.

I have a Nvidia 8600M GS 512MB in my laptop and with this drivers

I get a 3dmark06 score of 2607 at 1280x800.

My other specifications are: T5550, 3GB ddr2 and 320GB 5400Rpm.

My SM2.0 Score is: 1016

And my HDR/SM3.0 Score is: 964

Cpu score is: 1491

I'am running windows Vista Home Premium.

Is this a good score for this card with this drivers? Or can it be better?

Kind regards :)

best one until now for my config, but some strange graphic bug noticed in command and conquer 3.

The smoke when a building crahs down is dark black and i cannot look through.

Anyone got same problems noticed or is it a combination with my system?

This is the only problem i got with this driver.

thx for ur reply

And you don't notice this problem with any other recent drivers?

These drivers seem to increase the heat generated by my machine, as I discovered to my horror when I overclocked as usual and could not hold my hand to the bottom of the comp. Now I am back in stock, although at least overall performance is best yet compared with other drivers sooverclocking is not as big a loss as it could have been.

I'm having a problem installing this driver. I've got an 8400M GT chipset in my laptop and when I go to install the drivers (using the ones from the site and the modded inf) I get the "the system has not been modified" error.

I've tried installing a few older drivers from this site as well but none of them seem to work. I've uninstalled my old drivers (using the Device Manager) and rebooted but is there something else I can try to make the installation work?

Many thanks in advance.

You guys are replacing the original INF with modded one.

As the error you see will happen if you don't

Guest victoryo

Hello all.

I have the 8600M GS 512MB Ddr2 that was clocked @ 400/500

I read on internet that the real clocks were 600/700

So i downloaded rivatuner and put my clocks on that spead and ran 3DMARK06 again.

Now my score is 3013 :)

I saw the temperature @ 91 degrees but nothing went wrong and everything ran stable.

So is this dangerous?

victoryo, maybe your laptop manufacturer reduced your clock frequencies to make your temps lower on the other hand i think this temp (91C) is enough to set your clocks down to run your gpu safe.