LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.79 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest GUEST2

You do not want notebook GPU's temperature to go over 85C - anything higher will kill your card fast and spells out trouble. Plus any overclocking done will generally void your warranty.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Covert

• zipper

• P.J

Guest victoryo

Hi, oke thank you for than i will put the clock speed to normal clockspeeds. So the card wont die. Too bad that i got that high temperature because it runs stable.

Hi, oke thank you for than i will put the clock speed to normal clockspeeds. So the card wont die. Too bad that i got that high temperature because it runs stable.

Don't listen to whoever answered your question. What they said is BS. If 85c is "too much" heat for the video card die, then why does NVIDIA have their fail safe core throttle temperature programmed at 95c? Also, how is your notebook OEM going to know that you overclocked? It's not like your notebook is going to say to the repair tech "Hey, this dude overclocked me and killed me". All overclocking is done by software means and is temporary, meaning if you restart your computer, the card's clockspeeds will return to factory default. There is no real way to tell if someone has overclocked because it doesn't leave physical signs. A notebook that stays stock throughout its lifetime can burn up if say, the heat pipe lost contact with the GPU die or the fan seized up. Get your facts straight.

-J.B.

Guest archrr

So are these drivers overclockable? What tools do you guys use to enable overclocking in this series, as I thought overclocking was not possible in the 177 series (amongst others) due to nVidia disabling it somehow.

Please let me know! Thanks!

Hi all,

How can i install those driver for a 9600m GT on my acer 5930g laptop?

Do i need to use the moded inf?

Thank you.

Hey I have a problem with this driver. I'm using Vista 32bit with Geforce Go6150 HP tx1308nr notebook. Whenever I view pictures with Vista Photo Gallery they look messed up:

problemwithvistawindowsphotogallery.jpg

Whats wrong with it?

Hi all,

How can i install those driver for a 9600m GT on my acer 5930g laptop?

Do i need to use the moded inf?

Thank you.

Hello!

Yes I think you have to use the modded inf! Otherwise, it won't work at all!

I had this problem before, but now it is so easy to install those dirvers, thanks to laptopvideo2go!

Guest somebody
Hey I have a problem with this driver. I'm using Vista 32bit with Geforce Go6150 HP tx1308nr notebook. Whenever I view pictures with Vista Photo Gallery they look messed up:

Whats wrong with it?

rollback to your original driver. it won't work properly with go6150

i have a hp laptop tx1000 with the same card, after installing the driver, i keep having the blue screen of death. its not worth upgrading the drivers for 6150 since you can't play new games with it. :) :)

Guest ODST05
So are these drivers overclockable? What tools do you guys use to enable overclocking in this series, as I thought overclocking was not possible in the 177 series (amongst others) due to nVidia disabling it somehow.

I would like to know too if anyone can help :)

Guest xelcius

zzz.jpg

help~ i just finish update my driver from 174.51 to 177.79 modded for my 9500M GS...

but now the problem is the gpu core clock and memory clock change, when i launch 3D game then it will turn back to the default...which shown in above...is this a problem? will it spoild the GC?

I would like to know too if anyone can help :)

Yes, I can overclock with these drivers. My laptop has 2 8600M GTs and I have overclocked them from 475/700 to 630/800. I have been able to overclock with pretty much every new driver that I have used with the modded INF. Of course, nVidia disables overclocking on the OEM INFs, which is why you can't OC with a WHQL driver.

-J.B.

i have a hp laptop tx1000 with the same card, after installing the driver, i keep having the blue screen of death. its not worth upgrading the drivers for 6150 since you can't play new games with it. :) :)

It's pretty sad that OEMs are still using this 2005 piece of crap in Phenom based multimedia consumer desktops. They should use AMD's HD3200 in these because it is I would say ~5-7x faster, and it supports the new HyperTransport 3.0. Don't buy a brand new desktop with a GeForce 6150 because you are simply not getting the full bandwidth potential of Phenom.

-J.B.

Also I'm getting this annoying slow-down when scrolling, there is MEGA-DELAY sometimes it's responsive, sometimes it's not. Really annoying me.

:)

Alright. thanx dude for that. I guess I'll use a lower one then...

It's pretty sad that OEMs are still using this 2005 piece of crap in Phenom based multimedia consumer desktops. They should use AMD's HD3200 in these because it is I would say ~5-7x faster, and it supports the new HyperTransport 3.0. Don't buy a brand new desktop with a GeForce 6150 because you are simply not getting the full bandwidth potential of Phenom.

-J.B.

I already posted a fix for this in this thread. Read through this thread!

Edited by Covert

There are two areas that can cause this problem on Vista, both driver related.

#1) Vista uses 3D bitmap processing features when opening/displaying/decompressing images. This could be causing the photos to look goofy if this is failing in the driver.

#2) The driver could just be improperly rendering using the non-GDI functions of Windows Photo Gallery that also use 3D GPU functions.

Find another driver that works better, these have error and even have seen a blue screen for the first time since Vista release with these drivers.

PS - TURN ON AERO - Even if you turn off the transparency cause you don't like glassy look- IT IS FASTER than running Vista Basic, as it enables the Composer and additional drawing optimizations in Vista. People turning off Aero are killing 20% of their desktop performance and somehow think they are speeding things up.

Whats wrong with it?

ASUS G1S with C2D T7500 and Geforce 8600M GT DDR3

V175.70 3DMarks 2006 @1280x1024 res, scored 4009 points without overclocking.

V175.75 3DMarks 2006 @1280x1024 res, scored 4072 points without overclocking.

V175.97 3DMarks 2006 @1280x1024 res, scored 4093 points without overclocking.

V177.66 3DMarks 2006 @1280x1024 res, scored 4170 points without overclocking.

V177.79 3DMarks 2006 @1280x1024 res, scored 4239 points without overclocking.

V175.70 3dMarks 2006 @1280x800, scored 4544 without overclocking.

V175.75 3dMarks 2006 @1280x800, scored 4555 without overclocking.

V177.66 3dMarks 2006 @1280x800, scored 4649 without overclocking.

V177.79 3dMarks 2006 @1280x800, scored (I'll post later) without overclocking.

There are two areas that can cause this problem on Vista, both driver related.

#1) Vista uses 3D bitmap processing features when opening/displaying/decompressing images. This could be causing the photos to look goofy if this is failing in the driver.

#2) The driver could just be improperly rendering using the non-GDI functions of Windows Photo Gallery that also use 3D GPU functions.

Find another driver that works better, these have error and even have seen a blue screen for the first time since Vista release with these drivers.

PS - TURN ON AERO - Even if you turn off the transparency cause you don't like glassy look- IT IS FASTER than running Vista Basic, as it enables the Composer and additional drawing optimizations in Vista. People turning off Aero are killing 20% of their desktop performance and somehow think they are speeding things up.

YES! :)

But I still have some problem with this driver. :)

NOT Recommended !!!

I have downloaded and installed the drivers v177.79 for Win Vista 32bit, but everytime I start up my laptop I get this RunDLL error message:

"Error loading C:\Windows\system32\nvHotkey.dll The specified module could not be found".

I tried several things such as Uninstalling the drivers from the control panel, then rebooting in safe mode,run driver sweeper, install the new drivers, restart again and get this message.

I also tried uninstalling from the device manager the drivers and remove their source for rollback ,rebooting in normal mode to run drive sweeper and then installing with no vein :/.

Anyone knows how to get rid of this error?

Problem solved :) : Solution: Uninstall current drivers, download/update/install the old official drivers that came with the computer or signed from microsoft and repeat the normal uninstall process I did above,which is Uninstall the drivers from control panel or device manager,reboot in safe mode,run driver sweeper,install new drivers and restart in normal mode.

I leave it here just in case others have the same problem.

Edited by AfterStar

Guest prodigy
I have downloaded and installed the drivers v177.79 for Win Vista 32bit, but everytime I start up my laptop I get this RunDLL error message:

"Error loading C:\Windows\system32\nvHotkey.dll The specified module could not be found".

I tried several things such as Uninstalling the drivers from the control panel, then rebooting in safe mode,run driver sweeper, install the new drivers, restart again and get this message.

I also tried uninstalling from the device manager the drivers and remove their source for rollback ,rebooting in normal mode to run drive sweeper and then installing with no vein :/.

Anyone knows how to get rid of this error?

Problem solved :) : Solution: Uninstall current drivers, download/update/install the old official drivers that came with the computer or signed from microsoft and repeat the normal uninstall process I did above,which is Uninstall the drivers from control panel or device manager,reboot in safe mode,run driver sweeper,install new drivers and restart in normal mode.

I leave it here just in case others have the same problem.

or you can disable nvhotkey from startup.Just type msconfig in the run panel.