LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New frontpage design

Teraphy

After 2 redesigns, 2 recodings to move away from the old design and produce a more Model-View-Code format, and 1 database update we, the LaptopVideo2Go team, present to the world the new frontpage layout. :)

Thanks go to whole LaptopVideo2Go team for their help and to sn0wl for his graphics and new logo :)

The driver page is a bit more intense, showing up to 20 driver versions per page with each version including all available operating systems. You can search and sort with more options including available languages and WHQL status and operating systems. Searching only by device id will produce any result that includes "DEV_XXXX" and including a SUBSYS will search for DEV_XXXX&SUBSYS_XXXXXXXX". Just like the old page. However with the updated database we caught many mistakes with original driver packaging, and some errors included in original INFs have been removed.

Also, thanks to Pieter for repacking and processing the drivers. Due to repacking and reprocessing some drivers are now a little smaller in file size and each has an MD5 that will be included in our next major task of updating all driver postings.

There also were some INF Enhancer set backs and code issues that I noticed recently that will require me to look it over closer before it can go live. Rest assured it will be back soon.

awesome new design, very professional looking, keep up the great work

job well done! This is a very aesthetic and eye pleasing desingn.

Looks great, keep up the good work. Y'alls free contributions to the community is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

really, well done guys! Easier to read and find things... especially newest drivers visible at the first glance... good!

still missing is the integration of the forum into the main page though... from here I can't see the websites header with all the links, this should change!

New frontpage design Looks like this in Internet Explorer 6

laptopvideo2go.JPG

Edited by salahtron

I dunno about IE6, but it's fine in IE7 ...

Yes, IE7, mozilla firefox 2.0 and up, safari and opera 9 and up are all displaying the page properly. IE6 is not for some reason.

validation...

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&am...video2go.com%2F

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...video2go.com%2F

still doesn't mean that it will work in IE6 when you fix the HTML part (because the errors are only missing alt attributes). The CSS bits have no errors :) but IE6 doesn't support CSS 2.1, only CSS 2.0. You might not even be using anything that relies on CSS 2.1, and it would be worth a shot to try downgrading the spec listed in your .css to 2.0 and see what happens. :) if it validates as CSS 2.0, then you're still within spec, and more compatible with browsers.

oh and btw, i love the new site design. :P major improvement, to all involved, thanks.

[edit]

btw, i don't use IE6 except for to access Microsoft Updates website. I use FireFox3 for my personal browsing. But (more b utts) I'm also a web developer, so i have VMWare images for basically every major version of popular browsers within the last 10 years.

[/edit]

Edited by uncajesse

New frontpage design Looks like this in Internet Explorer 6

If you are using IE6, you really need to change your browser. I recommend Firefox, but even if you can't/won't get Firefox you should upgrade to IE7.

Wow, lots of nice comments. I'm glad it's well received :)

Those validations are from the forum and IPBs way of storing posts. It's almost a hassle to fix all of the posts before they are shown because of all the faults IPB introduces in HTML.

IE6: Yes, sorry about that. It was created using only Textpad and FF3 and I could only test in Opera, Firefox 2/3, and IE7. I don't have IE6, as well as the other LaptopVideo2Go testers did not have IE6 to test but from what I see I think there is an easy CSS fix. Although there is the PNG issue. I get so frustrated with IE6. And I didn't even think about a VMWare image. Good idea uncajesse! I will apologize for that and put up a fix soon!

Edit: I think that's the closest I will get IE6 to look like the rest. Simple fixes.

You're welcome. Sadly my Laptop (the one listed to the left) fried a few months ago. :P Mega-bummer and out $2700 only about 1.5 years after it was new. That's how she goes. Interestingly enough, it was an Infra-Red related IC that fried out, and only like 1 week after installing XP SP3.

Not sure if I'm going to buy another laptop again, except if I *need* one for work, and I'll probably just get one with a budget nVidia card, just enough to pimp video quality, like an 83xx or 93xx, or whatever's out atm.

My next machine is going to be a quad extreme behemoth of a desktop. :) Kinda looking forward to the HD280 as well, but I may just end up getting the 9800GX2. We'll see.

:)

I would get the GTX280 if I were you. Single cards are usually easier to manage than SLI setups. Another idea is you might get a GTX280 for graphics and then something like an 8600GT to go in the second PCIE slot and do PhysX.

I hate to be flamebait... but i HATE the new design... my screen is 1680*1050 and its a PITA to have to scroll down even more... also i liked the sort of boxes around the topics.. also on topics... the new ones dont really stand out... so i can scroll down and unless im paying attention to the much bigger font i find myself reading about something other then what i was interested in...

looks more like a blog.. :) i like some of the color's but the styling is killing me... i think ill stick to RSS from now on... /cry

If you can't even bother to register on the forum, then don't bother criticizing what Teraphy spent hours and hours of his unpaid time doing. If you don't like something about the new site, then how about giving friendly suggestions, rather than saying to hate it?

they have this whole arse thing... u know.. you A$$ U ME thing... so don't assume I am not registered just because I happened to have forgotten my password to login (again)

Edited by kane3162