LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9700M GT Overclocking

Guest Drake

The nvflash program tells me that the original bios is a G94 bios. The bios`s that I try to flash are usually G96.

Start looking for a g94 bios! :)

Anyone cares to upload it?

P.S. My bios if from a MSI GX701's 9600m gt card.

Edited by ninja_pig

Uhm... sorry for whatever I did wrong with the above post.

Just wanted to ask, if its still needed to flash a BIOS in the Geforce 9700M GT with the new RIVA TUNER, wich was released today?

I am pretty scared of flashing BIOSes since my only ever try did not work and left me with a non-working mashine (was the motherboard BIOs, 9 years ago. :) )

The system bios is a different story. You usually still can reflash your original vbios. Just make yourself a automated bootable flash disk with your original vbios BEFORE you might flash a wrong or non working vbios.

I tried about 12 different vbios`s the last days. Most of those flash procedures ended up with a black screen and a non working card. But with that disk I was always able to recover my original vbios.

Well, I use nvflash in command prompt or gpu-z in windows to dump my bios.

• 1 month later...
Guest Beavis83

Hello all,

Is this bios flash overclock method working with 9300mGS? And do you see any possibility of success?

(Its in an Acer 6930g).

What do you think? If yes, in what increments should I raise?

The factory clocks are: 580/1450/400 (core/shader/memory)

thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It has determined how to overclock the 9700M GT (on ASUS G50Vs) over at Notebook Review. I suggest you check this topic if you are still interested.