LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blu ray doesn't work with any driver

jackspades

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 8920g with Vista 32 bit Service Pack 1.

After I downloaded driver from this site my blu ray doesn't work, it says that video driver are not compatible. I tried with so many driver from here but it doesn't work. I cannot find any acer driver for Service Pack 1 and I can't restore my old acer driver. Can someone help me?

This is the thread you want, including a solution:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15927

Basically, you need to use a WHQL driver with an unmodified inf, using the "Have Disk" method of installation.

Blu-ray runs fine here with non-WHQL drivers.

At least in XP 32, haven't tried blu ray with XP64 yet...

Maybe you should get an OS that you have more control over than "Big Content."

Currently I'm using 175.95 in XP32 but I'm about to test some newer 177 drivers.

I have good luck playing BD in the latest version of powerdvd, but recently it started lagging in windvd and that arcsoft player. I will do some investigating. (HD DVD runs fine in those though)

Blu-ray runs fine here with non-WHQL drivers.

At least in XP 32, haven't tried blu ray with XP64 yet...

Maybe you should get an OS that you have more control over than "Big Content."

Currently I'm using 175.95 in XP32 but I'm about to test some newer 177 drivers.

I have good luck playing BD in the latest version of powerdvd, but recently it started lagging in windvd and that arcsoft player. I will do some investigating. (HD DVD runs fine in those though)

I only get vista 32. I tried to install 177.98 by selecting -> driver disk but my 9500M GS doesn't figure. I tried selcting 8600 GT but it give all black. What I should select?

This is the thread you want, including a solution:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15927

Basically, you need to use a WHQL driver with an unmodified inf, using the "Have Disk" method of installation.

they said that you must download official drivers and then run the program from http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php.

BUT I CAN'T FIND OFFICIAL DRIVERS! FROM NVIDIA THEY SEND ME TO ACER WEBSITE AND ON THE ACER WEBSITE THERE AREN'T ANY DRIVERS FOR MY LAPTOP (ASPIRE 8920G) UNDER SERVICE PACK :|

-> SEE

Edited by jackspades

That's the neat thing about our hack. You can use ANY WHQL driver. You need to use the "Have Disk" method to install it (basically lying about what card you have), but it will work.

Just remember that you can't use a modified inf. You need to use the inf that comes with the WHQL driver.

That's the neat thing about our hack. You can use ANY WHQL driver. You need to use the "Have Disk" method to install it (basically lying about what card you have), but it will work.

Just remember that you can't use a modified inf. You need to use the inf that comes with the WHQL driver.

the problem is that I can't find ANY whql driver (without modded inf) because it give back black screen.

Do I need to do this in temporary modality? And what card should I select if I had a 9500M GS?

Edited by jackspades

the problem is that I can't find ANY whql driver (without modded inf) because it give back black screen.

Do I need to do this in temporary modality? And what card should I select if I had a 9500M GS?

Use this driver:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175se...17798_vista.exe

Tell it you have a 9500 GS.

Use this driver:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175se...17798_vista.exe

Tell it you have a 9500 GS.

it still doesn't work. I extracted 177.98, -> have disk -> selected 9500 GS. I installed it and it give black screen, I run temporary modality and then used mobility modder on 177.98 then installed it still saying that my card is a 9500 GS (while my card is a 9500M GS). It give black screen when I reboot it. I try to select manually driver for 9500M GS (old driver from vista) and then installed 177.98. Reboot and it still give black screen. Now I re installed 177.98 with modded inf from laptopvideo2go and the blu ray still doesn't work. :)

I re tried to install 177.98 with mobility modder but when done it gives black screen, tried with 177.41 but it gives black screen too.

If i instead put the modded inf from laptopvideo2go the drivers works but blu ray not :|

You'll never get blu-ray with a modded inf. Blu-ray requires a completely unchanged WHQL driver, and as soon as you do anything to the inf, you break the WHQL. Things like Mobility Moder change the inf, so you can't use them. You basically can't do anything to the driver or Blu-ray won't work.

177.98 is supposed to be WHQL, but I'm not sure why you get a black screen when you install it. Maybe there's an old driver file that's conflicting with it. You can try uninstalling "Nvidia Driver" from the Windows Control Panel to clean everything out before you install. Maybe that will help.

If that doesn't work, try 177.85, which is the next-newest WHQL driver. You can find it here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=20203

• 1 month later...

Jackspades, i had exactly the same problem with you, with black screens and no Blu-ray. For the moment, the only thing i managed to do, was to roll back to the original drivers. Roll back didn't work for me at the Display Adapter settings tab, and when i was trying to install the drivers downloaded from Acer's web site, i had the black screen.

To solve the problem, i booted in safe mode (by pressing the Del key during start up) and i uninstalled the Nvidia drivers from Add-Remove programs. After rebooting, the system installed automatically the original Nvidia display drivers (i suppose from the hidden recovery partition) and everything solved.