LaptopVideo2Go Forums

53.04 and 53.06 INF v 20.00 are out, new INF to try

mobilenvidia

Thanks Tenstrum!

Pieter beat me to it :)

You can just save this file. You don't have to rename the file at all because it'll find the file itself. Then install by which ever method you prefer.

--

INF file support information:

NVIDIA GeForce2 Go (Toshiba)

NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go (Toshiba)

NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba)

NVIDIA GeForce4 460 Go (Toshiba)

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200

NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M

I have no issues? I right click on "download" and select "save as" or just clicking download and it prompted me to save...? I'll zip it and post as well.

By the way. I should explain this does not apply to all Toshiba models. Includes 00011179, 00021179, 00101179, 00201179 and does not apply to models FF001179, 001214C0, etc. These INFs are not edited by me except to apply to 53.06. They are believed to be 56.54's original Toshiba modified.

If this turns out to be a good version for problematic people then either Pieter or I can mod it to include some tweaks.

Thanks for the help, but I'm a little confused on what INF's and files I need to replace...

Pieter, which version of the INF do you want me to use? I tried the 20.01 and pasted in the modifications, but still got the black bar. Am I supposed to delete anything out of the inf?

Teraphy,

Do I have to use a modified nv4_disp.inf with the nvts.inf?

I tried replacing the nvts.inf and deleting the nv4_disp.inf and several combinations of mod and unmod inf, but still got the black bar.

I really do appreciate you guys working on this for me.

Tenstrum

Tenstrum,

You have done everything right, it's just not working.

You might be doomed with your machine at the moment.

Teraphy and I have both tried different combinations of the upcoming 56.54 INF.

This Detonator came with a whole heap of Mobile INFs including one for Toshibas.

Now the only salvation might be 56.54 driver it self, other drivers might just not handle the Toshibas correctly.

So it's a matter of waiting till it's released or leaked, I havn't even got hold of it yet. (just the INFs to play with)

I have a feeling it can't be too far away.

Pieter.

Just uploaded v20.03 of my INFs.

Made some adjustments:

Upto 240hz Refresh rates for external Monitors.

Added some more tweaks and possible combinations.

Disabled Sideband Addressing as it causes instability on some machines.

Enjoy,

Pieter.