LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My beast only allows 169.04 !? I need your help..

Jfx

A while back I discovered 169.04 the best choice for gaming in Crysis and other games like COD4. I have a 9300 upgraded with the 7800 GTX and 2 GB ram, Pinmodded to 2.13.. Now that I'm getting back into gaming I find I can't use any other driver than what I've got, 169.04,, so after installing a newer driver I get back into windows and the resolution is all the way down, there is terrible colors, there's also an error saying the drivers aren't working when I go into settings for display... Got a suggestion? What's up with this, I downloaded driversweeper did that, I tried several other drivers from this site, looking to use a newer one now for Farcry2 and BIA.. I think there must be some serious issue somewhere on my laptop, I'm on XP by the way.

Your help would be immensely appreciated!

Edited by Jfx

Thanks, but, my issue is not what driver to get, It's being able to get any driver. My laptop is not allowing anything but 169.04.

try this one

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21222

should give better performance in farcry2 and other brand new games.

Hey Jfx, can you tell us what you mean by "not allowing anything but 169.04"? Does any other driver fail to install? Any error message? Unable to remove 169.04?

(Btw: The 169.04 release was a solid driver for its time! I was on it until very recently!)

Hey thanks, yes it is an awesome driver. Well when I uninstall the driver, or just install over it, when I reboot windows the res is stuck in 640x480 I believe, and like 4 colors. There are white lines here and there also, it's just sinfully ugly. Clearly the driver is not working, so I roll back the driver or use system restore to 169.04 or just reinstall it, and it's back to normal..

Hey Jfx, can you tell us what you mean by "not allowing anything but 169.04"? Does any other driver fail to install? Any error message? Unable to remove 169.04?

(Btw: The 169.04 release was a solid driver for its time! I was on it until very recently!)

install standard VGA adapter overtop of the nvidia one. then install a newer on from this site. should work