LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v181.00 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

And if any problems show up, then 179.28 is almost as fast and pretty bugfree.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Spax87

• White Apple

• flamesontheflag

hey i think these drivers (and possibly all of the 180 series) cause heat issues on 8400m GT. ive had several crashes following the onset of graphical glitches (looks like low-res, 16 bit color in some parts of the screen) and flickering. i later discovered that for my some reason on these new drivers my gpu was running really hot (at least 62C) which also overheated the cpu and caused the crashes. i reverted to the last of the 179 series, 179.28, and so far it looks like it has helped to cool my processors. hopefully there won't be any more crashes. it might help also to stick to the manufacturer drivers or to older versions of the driver if you are having problems. just to be clear i had the same crash problem on dox optimised 180.84 (beta 2 i think).

For couple months now I'm using drivers 177.92 on my MSI laptop with GeForce 8600M GT. So far they work real good, but performance in Fallout 3 could be a bit better. Will I notice any upgrade in this matter while using newest drivers? Have anyone tested them on 8600M GT with Fallout 3?

at the time i played fallout 3 i used the 180.48 (maybe the dox optimized, not sure) and performance was ok, lately i tried fallout 3 again with the 181.00 (with the balanced inf from dox as mentioned before) and i was really amazed about the performance, unfortunately since i didn't do any benchmarks on fallout 3 i can't quantify the difference.

/remark

i have a Toshiba Satego X200 wth a 8700M GT

Yeah, thats nice for u...but what do you want to say us?!

Ok i have downloaded the mod file and the driver but the mod wont work cause i have windows vista service pack one.

Anyone got a updated inf yet that i can use with the vista i cant get away with the service pack or it halts my warranty cause the system came with it