LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid Theory

K-ROLE

Should we do - overclock   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we overclock Laptop GPU or not?

• YES ( Because it will improve my GPU Speed )
    • NO ( Because it will damage my GPU )

hi Nautis

want me to sticky this thread for you?

Whoops.. sorry Dox. No thats ok. Not until we start seeing some progress. :)

-

I am going to package 185.65 together in a couple of packages that you BenQ users can test. Fingers crossed that 185.65 will work for you.

Thanks man! i'll hope you will come with good result.. tired already cos no driver update can be found :)

You will find an update for the nvidia portion of the drivers (185.68) to test here. I recommend just running the setup.exe included or upgrading manually without removing your existing drivers.

Hardware switching between intel and nvidia will not work with this update. You can however switch using the taskbar icon. I may post a complete package (both intel & nvidia drivers) for 64bit users soon.

Edited by Nautis1100

• 1 month later...
You will find an update for the nvidia portion of the drivers (185.68) to test here. I recommend just running the setup.exe included or upgrading manually without removing your existing drivers.

Hardware switching between intel and nvidia will not work with this update. You can however switch using the taskbar icon. I may post a complete package (both intel & nvidia drivers) for 64bit users soon.

Nautis,

I have the Fujitsu xi3650 with hybrid GT9600M GT and the intel. Which driverupdate should I use in order to still be able to use hybrid graphics and vista home premium? And should I choose to only update the nvidia, should the first option be unavailable, which should I use in that case?

kind regards,

TikTakMan

Nautis,

I have the Fujitsu xi3650 with hybrid GT9600M GT and the intel. Which driverupdate should I use in order to still be able to use hybrid graphics and vista home premium? And should I choose to only update the nvidia, should the first option be unavailable, which should I use in that case?

kind regards,

TikTakMan

TikTakMan, I suggest trying Doxs 185.85 which works for many Hybrid Graphics users and are also the latest drivers out. Both Intel & Nvidia GPUs should function properly but make sure to read and learn about the quirks with 185.85 and Hybrid Graphics.

• 4 months later...

@ Nautis1100 :

Please help my problem. I have Dual OS on my BenQ Joybook S42. I had installed it with Windows XP Pro SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

I was changed the BIOS to version 3.06 as requirement to Install Windows XP. Firstly, I installed Windows XP then I installed Windows Vista on other primary partition, so i have two OS on my laptop. All driver can be installed successfuly on XP (except hybrid driver). I know hybrid driver won't run on XP, but the problem is when i switch to Vista the hybrid driver won't be installed. The BIOS that i've got was from here and the drivers was from here too.

My Question is :

Is that the XP BIOS that made the hybrid driver can't be installed on Vista?

What i'm supposed to do? Thank you...