LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox 185.68

Dox

Guest Jones

Hey Dox, once i install these drivers, on the first start up this error message comes up.

' Error in C:\windows\system32\NVCPL.DLL

missing entry:ExportOEMDefaults '

It only does this on the first startup and so far performance is fine but i was just wondering if this was an issue. Thanx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• TheVisitorX

• Lycidias

• Beyond

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is that on vista or vista 64?

this was an error on the original driver.

But it should be nothing to be concerned about.

Guest Razor

Hey Dox, thanks again for the drivers, works great on a Dell Vostro 1500 with 8400GS, Dell haven't released new drivers for this card since like 2005, haha.

Just asking, where do you get to these "experimental dual-view settings" that you added, that part intrigued me.

thanks again :)

gratz dox

over 100 replies you're the man :)

Edited by Beyond

:) very good driver for me !

3dmarK Vantage incresase and games is ok .

Guest Maxim

I was just looking size of the driver that I installed and I saw that the driver is 3,67GBs large, again 3,67GigaBytes NOT megabytes...

This is normal or I am just crazy :)

yeah, it eats up your harddrive space.

Just joking, its a bug in the nvidia uninstaller displaying incorrect disk usage.

it cant be possibly be 3.67gb when the file themselves are around 20-30mbs.

Vista FTW...

The problem is that the Vista on C drive where the drivers are installed, reads there is realy 3,67 GB taken when insalled the drivers. Luckly I have a lot of space, but does this "BUG" have sollution of sort?

it doesnt take up 3.67gb

its a bug which shows the wrong amount of space taken up by the drivers.

Its something nvidia has to fix.

DOX just like to report that these drivers caused crashing in Fallout 3 and Trackmania United Forever and gave me my very first BSOD on my laptop just from trying to start up after the welcome screen. I did a clean install (vista 64) so I don't see any old driver conflicts happening. Also something else strange is I notice with this set my fan takes a lot longer to kick in and then it goes into over drive and makes super weird sounds that I have never heard before... don't know whats going on, but I am back to the 182.05 balanced for now and everything is working great. Strange thing is I thought the fan profiles were built into the card and had nothing to do with the drivers...

An comments or suggestions?

Edited by Exostenza

just stick to 182.05.

The 185.xx is still beta and a tad experimental.

All I really done to these drivers, was ensure the cp would install and added settings to ensure performance.

I havent really added many directX and OpenGL hacks in this set and left many settings at default.

Ok thanks for the heads up I am just going to stick with 182.05 for now I guess. Also I would like to report that the same level these drivers were killing on my trackmania now dies in 182.05 as well and its only on that one track so I am thinking its to do with the game. Also my fan makes the noise now when it kicks into over driver which kind of sucks, but not as loud as with these 185.68 kind of odd, but whatever. Thanks for the response I am going to go into Fallout 3 now and see if it still crashes. I think no matter what happens FO3 will always crash :)

Quick question I have been thinking about or a while now and you can probably answer it. I was wondering if a 179 (mobile) release driver has a later build date than one of the 182 or 185 drivers will it most likely have the optimizations and bug fixes for games that the other series of drivers have or are they built independently and not contain as many optimizations and bug fixes for the current games?

EDIT: FO3 runs great again with no crashing. The fan isn't really making that noise again and performance is up :)

I'm stoked for your next set of drivers on a WHQL with all your tweaks because when they are good... they are GOOD. Love the 182.05! Just great stuff!

Edited by Exostenza

DOX you add more tweaks than the ones avaliable at control panel and riva tuner or just those?

hi dox..

hope you remember me ..

i am on 180.43 off your driver..

how is this driver ?

i know your driver are awesome..

i just want to know is there any hack or any way to make your driver WHQL compatible...

the only thing left in your driver is this one ...

and how does this driver fare in performance compared to my present driver ...

and also i found that 181.22 a WHQL signed driver is available..

please help me whether to go with whql or yours..

wht is the gain in having whql ?

DOX you add more tweaks than the ones avaliable at control panel and riva tuner or just those?

In 182.46 there were many tweaks that I added which could not be adjusted by rivatuner. Also included a combination of 3d settings that can be changed in rivatuner and nvidia control panel.

For this set, I've only added settings that ensures performance. You can use rivatuner, nvidia control panel and change anything as you please. i.e image/performance are mainly at default settings.

Feel free to adjust any settings whether it is from nvidia cpl or rivatuner and make the drivers your own.

confused? i tell you where. its where everyone who want get (take a look at the drivers) :)

Edited by Beyond

Guest Brian
confused? i tell you where. its where everyone who want get (take a look at the drivers) :)

.......what? I looked at the driver folder that got created on the desktop, i looked in the actual drivers in system32, i looked in the Nvidia control panel, what am I missing??

hey guys ..does this suppot cuda 2.2 .... i have installed 185.68 last week by changing the device id .. and it got installed properly ... i found that it supported concurrent memory copy and execute in 64 bit version of windows ...does this still support this feature in this drivers...

Guest tuvergonter

hey dox, in this new 185.68, why is the Digital Vibrance is activated when I login?

the previous 182.05 wasn't like this, it started automatically when I start Windows...

any solutions?

hey guys ..does this suppot cuda 2.2 .... i have installed 185.68 last week by changing the device id .. and it got installed properly ... i found that it supported concurrent memory copy and execute in 64 bit version of windows ...does this still support

this feature in this drivers...

no cuda 2.2 functionality has been removed.

Its listed as installed in the nvidia control panel.