LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85 is out

Galdere

Guest DELL Inspiron 1520 owner

Hi,

I was trying to force RivaTuner to work but I faild. Luckly I've found nice and easy to use program -

GPUTool Community Technology. It works! :) It can be found at www.techpowerup.com.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Chad

• x64Man

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me why the slew of notebooks AREN'T supported?

Money?

Guest DELL Inspiron 1520 owner
Hi,

I was trying to force RivaTuner to work but I failed. Luckily I've found nice and easy to use program -

GPUTool Community Technology. It works! :) It can be found at www.techpowerup.com.

My mistake - RT does work :)

This is the first time i've had a problem with installing nvidia drivers. I clicked the install, and it said that it finished, but then when I restarted my laptop it wouldn't open nvidia control pannel and it said the drivers were incompatible (or soemthing similar). so i unistalled them with control panel and re-did the whole thing but once again I got the same problem. I had to use "rollback to old driver" in order to get back to the ones I was using previously (179.48). I don't know what to do now :) Any help? Please?

btw, i've got an nVidia Geforce 8600M GT on an Acer Aspire 7720G

Did you use Driver Sweeper to clean the system from driver leftovers after the uninstall - missing it is the 1st reason for that kind of problems.

Ah got it to work ^^ :) thanks for the tip

I can't install these drivers on my dell studio xps 13, it has a Geforce 9500M. (Says no supported card found, blah.)

I've followed the thread so far and none of the tips helped. Anyone else with the same laptop/video card with this problem?

That's because the 9500M in the Dell Studio XP 13 is a Hybrid SLI setup with a 9400M G and a 9200M GS.

And as mentioned, Hybrid SLI notebooks aren't supported.

Guest mcunha

No brightness control here (GeForce Go 7400 @ Vaio SZ340).

When I press fun+f5/f6 the OSD from brightness is showed, but doesn't change. The OSD doesn't change also, only is displayed @ actual bright level (maximum).

Anyone know how to put the brightness control to work?

Regards.

Guest Ken S.

Hi is there any chance I get a modded INF for Vaio 8400m gt? And is it just a case of extracting drivers and copying inf to folder, then install? Thanks

Anyone know how to put the brightness control to work?

Compare the original driver's inf to the new one, copy the lines that control brightness to the new driver's inf, reinstall.

Easy, isn't it? Well, not :)

Guest mcunha

No uninstall at control panel after install this driver...

How can I full uninstall this drivers, besides delete it at device manager? There is any uninstall.exe in any directory?

Regards.

HEY Guys

Maybe we can use modified INF from 185.81 ?

Ok, switched to this and the latest nHancer, and I'm not getting the same audio skips when playing videos that I was getting under .81; hence, something more than just the CoH bug has changed here, although it might just be the inf.

In any case, so far so good.

I haven't seen an uninstaller in any of the latest 185s - I uninstall from device manager checking the "delete driver" box, and then run driver cleaner, seems to be sorting it out normally, just deletes a few more files than normal when cleaning.

Guest tsunami2265
That's because the 9500M in the Dell Studio XP 13 is a Hybrid SLI setup with a 9400M G and a 9200M GS.

And as mentioned, Hybrid SLI notebooks aren't supported.

Read that again. It never said dell xps 13 is not supported and in the products supported tab there is 9500M GS and i already installed on my 9500M GS :)

Yea i have the nv cpl problem, it gives me runtime error of nvlcpui.exe. But no problem, i have nhancer, use RT for brightness control and Evga for OC :)

Guest Guest

these drivers made right clicking on the desktop take about 3 full seconds, as opposed to instantly (relatively speaking) with my previous drivers (185.68)

for me, this was a deal breaker.

My Acer Power stuff is not supporting this drivers...

Have Windows 7 it self support for Powermizer ???

Edited by blazpristy

IIRC, The Dell Studio 13 actually has a 9500m GE, which as TehSugi says, is a 9400m G + a 9200m GS. It's not a true 9500m, Nvidia are intentionally misleading people.

Even if the laptop isn't specifically listed as incompatible, the driver is still incompatible with hybrid GPUs.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

I installed it and guess what i lost 0.1 point in Vista benchmark Aero graphic from 4.9 down to 4.8. I have 9600m gt by the way, i'll upload more about performance of this newest driver in future.

Any idea when a modded INF to support Go 7900GS will be available? I'm stuck on my laptop while waiting for an RMA on my videocard. :_( Windows 7 performace hasn't been so great -_-

Thanks a lot.

What he said ^

Any chance for a modded inf so those of us with Go 7-series cards can have a crack at these?

Unstable / crashes on Asus N80VN with NVidia 9650M GT.

Edited by valenz