LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 RTM Build 7600.16385 screenshot

mobilenvidia

The i945 Chipset Memory limit is 4GB but 750MB is used by system resources to get the 3.25GB usable

Same thing happens on i965 chipset but with 8GB limit and about 1.5GB of resources used

If you don't use 64 bit software, and you are limited to 3.25Gb because of the chipset's memory bandwidth (32 bits), does it perhaps make more sense to use a 32 bit OS, than a virtual one within a 64 bit environment?

Just a thought. :)

If you don't use 64 bit software, and you are limited to 3.25Gb because of the chipset's memory bandwidth (32 bits), does it perhaps make more sense to use a 32 bit OS, than a virtual one within a 64 bit environment?

Think it has to be with his Equipment because no where on mine does it tell me what i'm limited on my end.

Windows7-7600.jpg

If I ran 32bit OS that would mean I would need to run 32bit Zip-7 and this version is memory limited (2GB).

64bit version can use all 3.2GB of RAM and make them drivers smaller, so you guy spend less time downloading.

Makes for some difference, not huge but it all helps.

And why have a 64bit CPU and not use it, stopped using 32bit OS the day my T7200 showed up.

8GB RAM (as my server has) doesn't make much more difference in compression, until LZMA2 version comes out.

If I ran 32bit OS that would mean I would need to run 32bit Zip-7 and this version is memory limited (2GB).

64bit version can use all 3.2GB of RAM and make them drivers smaller, so you guy spend less time downloading.

Makes for some difference, not huge but it all helps.

And why have a 64bit CPU and not use it, stopped using 32bit OS the day my T7200 showed up.

8GB RAM (as my server has) doesn't make much more difference in compression, until LZMA2 version comes out.

Good reasons then. :)

Annybody else noticing Firefox 3.5.1 is really slow with loading pages and numerous slow scripting errors ?

Quite annoying, hopefully fixed soon

[uPDATE]

Hmm, I quite like Chrome now (even though the Google Chrome ad as some may see on the front page actually installs Google Earth :) )

But

It' so speedy.

Early thoughts.

Did you get an option during the install to select which version of Windows 7 to install? I installed it on my Eee PC, but it didn't give me an option. I was just wondering if anyone was acted the version during the setup..

Chrome v3 may be fast, but it has no addons like an ad blocker, and it is arkward to use its bookmarks.

The new Google Earth v5 has an annoying call home part of it, that is separate from Google Updater.

Did you get an option during the install to select which version of Windows 7 to install? I installed it on my Eee PC, but it didn't give me an option. I was just wondering if anyone was acted the version during the setup..

I got 4 different versions to choose from (the usual retail versions).

Check your file version numbers (I had a RC version that someone tried to say it was 7260 but in reality was just 7100.

It look like you may have RC ?

I got 4 different versions to choose from (the usual retail versions).

Check your file version numbers (I had a RC version that someone tried to say it was 7260 but in reality was just 7100.

It look like you may have RC ?

It has the hash that was said to be RTM, comes up as 7600, and doesn't have a watermark or anything..

Just so you guys know. That snapshot is from a Dell E1705 (I used to have one). It has a 64-bit processor but a 32-bit memory bus (as already stated). Vista 64-bit has the same issue with the system. The whole system only has 4GB addressable memory range so that is why. Officially Dell only supported 2GB on it anyways but there is no block in the bios that prevents you from installing 4GB physically in the machine.

Anyways I will have access to the actual RTM on August 6th thanks to TechNet. I'll install it and check it out. Not looking forward to the reinstall but I know all my stuff works so far.

• 2 weeks later...

The SHA1 hash from the ISOs I got earlier matches the ones posted for Ultimate. It looks like the version is part of the image so you can't just burn one an select the version with what was posted today.. I heard a file can be changed to make it install another version, but I don't know what file and haven't tried it..