LaptopVideo2Go Forums

IDT Audio Codec Driver v6261 released

mobilenvidia

I have modified the driver(v6261) for XPS1530/1330 & E6500 and I have installed it.thumbsup.gif It seems well on my Laptop. I re-uploaded the attachments?32-bit + 64-bit? tongue.gif Sorry for my poor English.

Edited by fis6h

I have modified the driver(v6261) for XPS1530 and I have installed it.thumbsup.gif

It seems well on my Laptop.

2 files, one with SRS, another one is not with the SRS.

tongue.gif Sorry for my poor English.

first, thanks for the find. how do we modify this to work on our machines? I added my device id to both infs, but it didnt seem to work.

my device id is :: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F

is there anything else we have to add? i added it under the other ids as

%ST.DeviceDesc%=STHDA,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F

I have modified the driver(v6261) for XPS1530 and I have installed it.thumbsup.gif

It seems well on my Laptop.

2 files, one with SRS, another one is not with the SRS.

tongue.gif Sorry for my poor English.

Would love to get this working on my Dell XPS M1330...

@ fis6h :: How did you MOD this driver ???

Tried to get this working on my XPS M1530 but with no joy - used the patched files too but on install it said 'No Hardware Detected' - any ideas folks?? Thanks

Tried to get this working on my XPS M1530 but with no joy - used the patched files too but on install it said 'No Hardware Detected' - any ideas folks?? Thanks

Because your system is 64-bit, and my system is 32-bit. I just modify the 32-bit file,I will upload a new attachment.

Because your system is 64-bit, and my system is 32-bit. I just modify the 32-bit file,I will upload a new attachment.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!!

@ fis6h :: You are my new HERO !!!

first, thanks for the find. how do we modify this to work on our machines? I added my device id to both infs, but it didnt seem to work.

my device id is :: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F

is there anything else we have to add? i added it under the other ids as

%ST.DeviceDesc%=STHDA,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F

You need an original driver's INI file (WRTxxxxx.ini OR W92HDxxx.ini) which contains your hardware ID and it comes from IDT, not from Sigmatel?Because the Sigmatel‘s file is too old and can not be used?.

After that?You need to manually add your hardware ID to this file?stwrt.ini & stwrt64.ini?.

At last, Open these 2 files?STWRT.INF & STWRT64.INF??add "WRTxxxxx.ini=1 OR W92HDxxx.ini=1" to the end of "[sourceDisksFiles]", then add "WRTxxxxx.ini OR W92HDxxx.ini" to the end of"[signedFiles]".

The final step is add your device id to the end of these clip?[iDT.NTx86] or [iDT.NTamd64]?.

Try to install it.

Hope you can understand what I said.

I have modified it for XPS 1330/1530 & E6500(Is this your laptop model?)

Edited by fis6h

You need an original driver's INI file (WRTxxxxx.ini OR W92HDxxx.ini) which contains your hardware ID and it comes from IDT, not from Sigmatel?Because the Sigmatel‘s file is too old and can not be used?.

After that?You need to manually add your hardware ID to this file?stwrt.ini & stwrt64.ini?.

At last, Open these 2 files?STWRT.INF & STWRT64.INF??add "WRTxxxxx.ini=1 OR W92HDxxx.ini=1" to the end of "[sourceDisksFiles]", then add "WRTxxxxx.ini OR W92HDxxx.ini" to the end of"[signedFiles]".

The final step is add your device id to the end of these clip?[iDT.NTx86] or [iDT.NTamd64]?.

Try to install it.

Hope you can understand what I said.

I have modified it for XPS 1330/1530 & E6500(Is this your laptop model?)

thanks a great deal! quite the useful instructions set. plus your files worked great on my e6500. thanks!

:) Worked like a charm - fair play fis6h ur the man!! Cheers

Edited by meddylad

Hi

I have a M1530 with the device "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E". When I install this driver I get the following error message:

(German) Die erkannte Hardware wird von diesem IDT-Softwarepaket nicht unterstützt. Die Installation wird abgebrochen.

(English) The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The installation is aborted.

What should I do?

Hi

I have a M1530 with the device "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E". When I install this driver I get the following error message:

(German) Die erkannte Hardware wird von diesem IDT-Softwarepaket nicht unterstützt. Die Installation wird abgebrochen.

(English) The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The installation is aborted.

What should I do?

look up a few posts... fish gave detailed instructions.

I followed every step and I still get the same error message.

did you make sure to get the right WRT or W92HD ini file?

I moved back to v6255 ... This version does not work for me

that isn't the right one (the one from the installation directory). fis6h stated that you need one for your specific hardware (get it from your vendor idt install).

Thanks a ton for this driver! It installed perfectly on my XPS M1330 when using the files configured by fis6h. Well - it appears to have installed correctly - and appears to be working properly - but I haven't yet fully tested everything. I've only configured settings through the IDT Control Panel and I can hear audio as I use my notebook for normal, "everyday" tasks. I will test it out further later on - i.e. - playing music/vids, testing jacks, adjusting various sound options, etc. My bet, though, is that everything works just fine. Thanks, fis6h!

One quick question...

My wife uses one of my older notebooks - an XPS M1210 - and she's still using Dell's dinosaur audio driver from Sigmatel. Would the settings fis6h created for the M1330/M1530 also work for the M1210 or would I need to modify the files as noted in a previous post?

I apologize for the 'noob' question...I'm just not familiar with audio driver configurations. Is there a way to create a file - such as a .bat file, for example - that automatically modifies the driver files for us? Could this be done for the notebook brands/models that seem to be used the most by forum users?

I'm asking because, quite honestly, I love using these modified drivers but lack the time and experience to ensure the proper changes are being made. I know that's a selfish comment - but at least I'm being honest. :)

Regardless, the efforts by fis6h and everyone else who contributes so much to this forum are greatly appreciated on my end.

Thank you!

Edited by dt4eva58

Guest Dark_Saber

Have tried multiple versions of IDT driver that are more supported then what I have which is 5939. All have given the error: The Class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device. Wonder what to do now. I have a gateway P173X-FX with Sigmatel sound with ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692

Any suggestions? Cause Gateway hasn't posted anything in over a year.

Thanks a ton for this driver! It installed perfectly on my XPS M1330 when using the files configured by fis6h. Well - it appears to have installed correctly - and appears to be working properly - but I haven't yet fully tested everything. I've only configured settings through the IDT Control Panel and I can hear audio as I use my notebook for normal, "everyday" tasks. I will test it out further later on - i.e. - playing music/vids, testing jacks, adjusting various sound options, etc. My bet, though, is that everything works just fine. Thanks, fis6h!

One quick question...

My wife uses one of my older notebooks - an XPS M1210 - and she's still using Dell's dinosaur audio driver from Sigmatel. Would the settings fis6h created for the M1330/M1530 also work for the M1210 or would I need to modify the files as noted in a previous post?

I apologize for the 'noob' question...I'm just not familiar with audio driver configurations. Is there a way to create a file - such as a .bat file, for example - that automatically modifies the driver files for us? Could this be done for the notebook brands/models that seem to be used the most by forum users?

I'm asking because, quite honestly, I love using these modified drivers but lack the time and experience to ensure the proper changes are being made. I know that's a selfish comment - but at least I'm being honest. smile.gif

Regardless, the efforts by fis6h and everyone else who contributes so much to this forum are greatly appreciated on my end.

Thank you!

Sorry, friends, I know that modify the driver is very complex and time-consuming, but unfortunately I can not create a BAT file can automatically modify the driver.

• 1 month later...